Why do I feel nauseous after eating yogurt?

Every time I eat yogurt, usually strawberry flavor, or regular with strawberries or bananas cut in it, or even plain yogurt with nothing, I feel sick to my stomach afterwards.
Does anyone know why this is?
I don't think it's the dairy thing, I love cheese and can eat that all day no problem, and I have milk sometimes in cereal and with stuff when I cook. It's not the strawberries or bananas either, I eat those alone all the time. Is it just putting them together?
I always end up with foul smelling burps and upset stomach for a couple hours.
And if you know of a way to prevent this, I'd be very appreciative. I love yogurt, but I don't like being sick.

Kiwismommy19

Asked by Kiwismommy19 at 10:38 AM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Food & Drink

• it's possible that the active cultures in yogurt do not agree with your stomach. It is bacteria after all, maybe your stomach just can't handle that type of bacteria
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 10:40 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• maybe you are slightly lactose intoalerant
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 10:41 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• It's probably the dairy. I can really only eat about 1/2 of a cup at a time. But, I love the stuff. Go figure.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:41 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Hmm...maybe lactose intoerance?

Too much dairy gets me, but yogurt is actually the most friendly to my tummy compared with other dairy because of the live cultures.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 1:49 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Too much sugar? Have you tried other brands, organic, light, etc, to see if the effects are lessened by another kind?
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 2:01 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Because Yogurt is GROSS it tastes like SOUR milk!

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 2:31 PM on Jul. 1, 2010