Cycle returning after a m/c and D & C

I have only recently m/c, then had a D & C the next day as it was recommended as they found some tissue upon doing a pap upon my arrival to the hospital.
I know it can take time but it has been almost a month and although I think I am 'feeling' pms symptoms (although more of a dull, achy feeling in my abdomen) a few times a day, no period yet. These past few days I have been sure it must be coming, but not yet.
Just so I know what to expect, those of you who have gone through this, when did your cycles return?
I don't have my first appt. with the Nurse Practitioner for another couple of weeks yet (which will then be 6 weeks following my m/c and D&C) so I am curious.

miraclewaits

Asked by miraclewaits at 10:44 AM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• i actually started 31 days after my D&C... my miscarriages i started the following month also! I have never skipped or missed periods unless i was pregnant!!! HUGS
    liltinymommy

Answer by liltinymommy at 11:43 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I had my surgery for m/c on April 20 this year. I got my period FINALLY on June 1. It felt like an eternity. I had a lot of bleeding afterward - but the bleeding didnt' pick up until a week after my surgery. I just started my 2nd period since my surgery. Usually my cycle is a strict 28 days, but this time it was 31 days.

Also, my school nurse (I'm a teacher) told me that your cycle usually picks up right where it left off. For me, when I got pregnany my last missed period was on February 10. When i counted out 28 days a few times, June 1st was exactly right. I hope this helps.

And I'm so sorry about your m/c. It without a doubt has been the most horrible experience of my life and I still grieve daily. I hope you are emotionally okay. message me if you'd like to chat. HUGS to you!
    cschwanger

Answer by cschwanger at 3:07 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• It has been 3 weeks exactly since my m/c and D&C and this week it has hit me especially hard. I am crying every day and it is very overwhelming.
    I am feeling pms symptoms, so I am actually hoping my cycle begins again soon. I just want to start seeing some return to my pre pregnant state so that I can start to chart and make plans to try to concieve again. I 'was' a 28 day cycle girl so now with my first pregnancy, it will be interesting to see if it remains the same or changes.
    The info from the school nurse is interesting...I am going to check my calendar and count ahead to see what I come up with. THanks for the into girls.
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 6:57 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Oh, and my last cycle was March 14 so when I have symptoms, I usually start a week or so after the beginning of the pms symptoms......We'll see.
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 7:00 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• If this counting ahead works, I should be having my first cycle by July 30. We'll see!
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 9:26 PM on Jul. 4, 2010