What's the hardest goodbye you've ever had to say?

ZandCsmom1968

Asked by ZandCsmom1968 at 10:45 AM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Saying goodbye to my grandparents each summer when we left their Cape Cod house as our vacation ended. Then when each one died...that's the hardest I've ever had.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 10:47 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Saying goodbye to my dad (dec. 25,2008) R.I.P. Daddy..
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 10:48 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Saying goodbye to my dad (Feb 1, 2008).

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:51 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• my dad in september '01 i still have trouble believing he is really gone.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:52 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I had to say goobye to a man i fell in love with while in Redondo beach for a month. We never "hooked up" but we both were just head over heals, snuggling on the beach until the sun came up & sickly romantic stuff like that. I knew i couldnt be with this guy because i had just got divorced, had a daughter & he was just not the guy who could take care of us & be a family man. He travels all around the world to do lighting for concerts & stuff, so he would never have been around. Plus, i wasn't about to move my DD to Cali. Although, he sure was one awesome human being. Anyhow, when i said goodbye, i knew i would never see him again. That was one of the hardest goodbye's i've ever had to do. I still miss him to this day & dream about him often. We stayed in touch for years, but when i got married i told him i could not talk to him any more because the temptation was too much. So, we have not spoken in a few years.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:52 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• DH before being deployed.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 10:52 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• My father died when I was 15, but the hardest goodbye I've ever said was that Christmas when my now-husband came to visit me from New York. We cried together all night when it came time for him to go back home. We didn't know when we would see each other again, or if we would ever have the chance to really be together. God, it was so heartwrenching, watching him walk away from me.

He moved across the country with nothing but a backpack and a suitcase three months later to be with me lol.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:53 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Saying goodbye to my dad every time I talked to him on the phone. He's had cardiac health issues since I was about 12. Had a quadruple bypass before he was 42, had a defibrillator placed in his chest, and about 2 1/2 years ago was told he needed a heart and bilateral lung transplant, otherwise he'd only have about 2 years left to live. He denied the transplant when his organs were available because he felt the risk of his body rejecting them, and the surgery itself was too much and didn't want to pass away in a hospital. Every time since then I knew it could be the last time I talked to him. He did pass away in April. He got 8 months longer than the doctors gave him, but he was very depressed and withdrawn. I would keep him on the phone for hours because those last conversations meant the world to me (he lived in a different state). And now I need a tissue...excuse me ladies....
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 10:53 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• saying it to my closest co-worker this past May. we worked together in his small salon for the past 11 1/2 years, 5 days a week/8-10hours a day, right next to each other. it was like cutting off my arm..or saying, ''hey, i'm cutting off YOUR arm, and you'll never be the same.'' in fact, i hadn't even taken time to think about saying goodbye..too busy getting my clientele adopted into someone else's chair/salon, selling the house, thinking about everyone but him..it hit me like a friggin brick upside the heart the very minute i walked past his chair on my way outta the salon. he said, ''what, not even a hug? everyone else gets to tear up and hug, but not me?" man, i lost it! cried like a baby (doing it now, just thinking about it!) and couldn't even talk! i think i muttered something like, ''i'll call ya later, man.''..what a weirdo!
    i miss him, probably more than i miss my clientele!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:54 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• milfalicious......hugs

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:56 AM on Jul. 1, 2010