Does/did anyone else's baby love anything that WASN'T a toy?

My son recently started crawling, and he goes for anything and everything that he isn't supposed to have, lol. I can surround him with 3 toy cell phone, but does he want those? Nope! He wants mine! I can give him toy keys, but does he want those? Oh no, he wants the real ones, lol. I swear, he has a million toys with color, lights, sounds...and he will spot the one thing in the room that he shouldn't play with, and go for it. It's like he KNOWS what he's not supposed to have, and goes just for that, lol! I swear, I'm gonna lose at least 10 lbs now that he's started crawling. My butt is constantly moving now! :)

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 10:49 AM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son is the same way.... he especially likes cellphones and the toilet, he has already ruined 3 cellphones by throwing them in the toilet lol
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 10:52 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Mine did this too. Give him an old remote without the batteries. And an old cell phone.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:51 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• That is how my son has been ever since he became mobile. He also has a remote with no batteries, we bought him an elmo remote and he has never played with it. Also he has several toy phones he never looks at. He could be content for hours with an empty bottle or cardboard box. I guess that is just how kids are. They want what we don't want them to have.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 10:54 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• My daughter is like that to! i think she is very smart, because she likes to play with my shoes, she try to eat them, play with them!
    She don't want to play with her own toys, she likes to play with my phone, keys, shoes...
    what she loves the most is my aunt's computer, she just love ... she is only 11 months but she love!
    Sofiah

Answer by Sofiah at 10:58 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Anything with buttons or if it makes a crackling sound like paper or the wipe packages.
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 10:54 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• My son loves his baby spoons. lol. He will walk around poking things with them all day. So weird :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:23 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• My DD has been playing with DH's old cell phone for a week, the TV remote for 3 weeks, and any socks, aprons, or towels she can get her hands on since she was 6 months old. It's cute, and the socks disappearing every time I do laundry has earned her the nickname "The Sock Monkey".
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 1:14 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• We gave our son an old cell phone and an old remote. He also has an old computer keyboard, lol. It's very cute because he will bring the keyboard out to the living room, sit down next to the desk and "type" while one of us is at the computer.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 2:53 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• my son learned that the remotes with no batteries didn't work!! He still liked ours!! We found a programmable one with a light and put in the batteries. Then every once in a while, when he'd point it at the TV and push buttons, WE would use the real remote and change the channel, turn up the volume, etc. He thought he was doing it and got SO proud!!!! And he figured when it didn't work, he just wasn't doing something right.
    squeegeatc

Answer by squeegeatc at 3:33 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• My son just started crawling and we are having the same problem! He loves granola bars still the the package. I think they would just rather play with what we play with. Maybe if we all start paying with their toys all the time, they will start! =)
    toolmommy

Answer by toolmommy at 4:06 PM on Jul. 1, 2010