Cant get toddler into toddler bed!

My son will be 2 next month and he refuses to sleep in his bed... Ive tried everything. I need ideas and or help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• He is still young. I remember when we moved into a new house right around my middle son's 5th birthday. He was going to have his own room for the first time. He picked out his bed and sheets. He didn't sleep in his room for months. He crawled in bed with his older brother that he always shared a room with. Little people don't like to sleep alone.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:04 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• try to be there next to him when you put him in his bed...
    and the next 2 nights you will have to be strong,just stay with him in the room.. and he will know that this is his bed now. and after 4 nights you let him stay there alone, it's hard but you will see that that is a goodthing.
    my daughter is only 11 months, but she still sleep with me, because i didn't buy her a crib.
    but i definily will do what my mom did !
    at least i learn something from her
    Sofiah

Answer by Sofiah at 11:05 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• My daughter is 2.5 and sleeps right underneath me. Seriously. If I fall asleep on the couch she will climb up and sleep on my back. LOL.
    But Im now finally trying to get her to fall asleep on her own without me and its hard. I still have to sit beside her untils he falls asleep or I just let her fall asleep in my bed and if I feel like moving her I put her in her room once she is sleep.
    lilmsnay83

Answer by lilmsnay83 at 11:08 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Unless he's climbing out of his crib or you have some other need for his crib (i.e. another child), don't rush it. He's still very young for a bed (at least in my opinion). We had to move our son at 22 months (he climbed out) and went directly to a regular bed. It was a couple of months before he settled into it. We use to stay in the room with him (not saying anything) as long as he stayed in his bed. If he got out, we left (we warned him about this). We'd give him a few minutes, go back in, put him back into bed and try again. Eventually he got the idea.. Try to reduce the "drama" associated with putting him back in bed. Just put him back without saying anything. Be boring..
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 7:05 PM on Jul. 1, 2010