What non-fast food family style restaurant gives you the most bang for your buck?

We recently went to Cheddars and fed 7 people including one appetizer for less than $60! We even took home leftovers. Granted two of the people were toddlers and shared with the rest of us and 4 of us had water to drink, but I thought that was a pretty good deal.

What restaurants are a good deal for your family?

TweenAndTwinMom

Asked by TweenAndTwinMom at 11:08 AM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Cheddar's is AWESOME for family dining. Also, Cracker Barrel has a ton of food and not bad prices & I love their shopping area. Cool stuff!
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 3:56 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• yep, applebees! I can feed my family of 5 for under $40 most times, especially on kids eat free nights! (Those are awesome when restaurants have those BTW!)
    Olive Garden is one of my faves too, It's a little more pricey than applebees but the amount of food we take home alone last at least 2 more meals, so averaging that in, it's a good deal
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:12 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I really like Applebees. Their kids meals are no more than $5. I also like Chow Baby because my daughter can eat off my plate and its still enough to take home. I just get her a drink and a extra plate.

lilmsnay83

Answer by lilmsnay83 at 11:10 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Applebees...especially on *Wing Night*...3 people can eat for less than $15 if we all get wings!! And we LOVE Applebees wings. lol
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 11:16 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• We just got a Cheddar's here maybe last year. YUMMY! We like going there.
    Applebee's has horrible steak.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:19 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• A local Mexican restaurant is the best bang for you buck where we live. They have a great menu they only use fresh ingredients and half the menu is healthy options. Kids under 10 eat and drink free every day of the week. We don't eat out much but if we do and our son is with us we go there. We never spend more than 18 bucks and that includes tip when we go. They are packed every day of the week.
    momtolucas2002

Answer by momtolucas2002 at 11:29 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• applebees sounds good!
    san78

Answer by san78 at 11:20 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Applebee's is our favorite, however I went the Orginal Pancake Factory with my DD the other day and we both LOVED it. For both of us was less than 12 bucks with tax.
    flcouple7577

Answer by flcouple7577 at 11:35 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• We have a local mexican food place that can feed for of us, drinking water, for about $25! And that is getting what we want! And both kids getting their own meal!
    clovismommy25

Answer by clovismommy25 at 12:42 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Hmm. Based on these answers it looks like I need to give Applebees another shot. We've had terrible luck with service at the one closest to our house in the past, but maybe I shouldn't write it off completely just yet. Other than Cracker Barrel, which we love, I only recognize Olive Garden. I do take the kids to Olive Garden occaissionally without my husband (he spent time in Italy while in the Navy and is an Olive Garden snob, though he will do Carino's). Thanks for the ideas!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Comment by TweenAndTwinMom (original poster) at 10:40 AM on Jul. 2, 2010