i told a friend about my baby name...

and now she plans to use it. Wouldnt be a big deal but we already have boys with the same name.. unmistakably we didnt see each other for 4 yrs and found out that we both had a son with the same name. Shes pregnant and due sooner then i am, and i told her the name we had choose and she said im going to run that by my husband and see what he says... no seriously.. i choose that name because noone has that name.. im just secretly hopeing hes like thats ugly and i hate it! or something.. i want that name i didnt mean to share it with her to have it stolen from me!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• O wow...I would not be a happy camper...did you tell you you would prefer if she didnt use it? Or maybe talk to her hubby before hand and make sure he says its ugly and he hates it ;)
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 11:10 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I would tell her that you are hurt and that you were planning on using it already and already think of your baby as such and that you are asking her as a friend to choose something else.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 11:12 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Never ever share your names with anyone. Announce them only after the children are born. I made this mistake with my first who I later lost. My brother and his wife got pregnant before I did again and stole my name. I learned that lesson the hard way. Sounds like you have, too.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:15 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• This is why I never tell anyone the names we are thinking about - even for our future children!
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 11:16 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• We don't have a girl yet but we have had our girls name picked out for 5 years. When a friend and I were both pregnant I told her my girl and boys names we had picked. Well we had a boy and she had a girl. She used our girls name. I swear when I read the text they sent to announce her birth I felt my heart sink. I think if it's a acquaintance it's one thing. But for a friend to do that is rude and disrespectful. I don't talk to her nearly as much and I know it's probably immature but I even cringe when she writes a post with her dd's name on facebook. Just a reminder that she stole the name. Anyways we are going to start trying for another baby next year and if it's a girl we will still use the name. Everyone knew we had it picked out so it won't look like we're copying them. If you truly love the name use it anyways. By the way are you sure you're both having the same sex baby? I hope he says no and it's not an issue.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 11:25 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• We didn't announce DD1s name (or gender) until the shower announcements went out (about 2 weeks before she was born). Where I worked at them time, there were three other pregnant women. We purposely didn't share our baby names because we didn't want anyone else to fall in love with a name that was special to us. I know it sucks when someone "steals" your baby name. I do think that it was wrong of your "friend" to do this. I think that you should tell her how you feel. Explain that that name is special for you and it took you however long to find a name you loved. Also, hope and pray that she's overdue and your baby is born first. wink mini

Good luck Mama!

KaroGreenly

Answer by KaroGreenly at 11:57 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I would be so mad!! That is NOT ok! lol. My oldest DS name is Amon (long A and mon, like monday) and after he was born so many wanted to use it too! I am so glad their families bitches them out of it!! lol

clovismommy25

Answer by clovismommy25 at 12:41 PM on Jul. 1, 2010