Now I'm scared. . .

My daughter's father has Ulcerative Colitis, and yesterday I found mucus in her poop! She's two. This is also the second time she has had a bad morning with really painful diarrhea in the last few months, but no blood or mucus. It lasts till the afternoon, and the pain goes away but the diarrhea still lasts all day. Yesterday was the first time I found mucus in her bowel. I'm pretty nervous now, and I'm going to call the doctor. But for now, have any of you had experience with this disease? Help me, please.

Amber211

Asked by Amber211 at 11:17 AM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Health

• call her dr but also keep in mind that mucus is always in stool! it's just a matter of if you notice it or not. The intestines create mucus to do their job.
    Ulcerative Colitis is also something that can be managed with diet too, one of the main foods that help is oatmeal, another is the yogurt with probiotics . so even if he did pass it on to her, it's not like a death sentence or anything like that.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:23 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I agree before you even freak out see the doctor and go from there. Just because he has doesn't mean she does. I deal with Chrones (SP) in my house hold (dh has It) and so far my girls are fine...
    Judmr

Answer by Judmr at 6:25 PM on Jul. 1, 2010