How do you shave your lady parts?

For the past like 6-7 years I've always shaved completely, but now that I'm a mom I feel it's a bit inappropriate , like it makes me feel like a 10yr old girl. How do you ladies do it...leave just a little bit, or just shave around the bikini area... why is it such upkeep for us ladies!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Health

• I just leave a little bit. Lol, my hubby calls it my "racing stripe".
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 11:29 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I shave it all, but I don't like pubic hair, I have a lot of friends that do a "landing strip" so maybe try that?
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 11:29 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I wax my entire vulva and ass. I don't like hair, it grosses me out. It doesn't bother me on other people (as long as it's groomed).
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:29 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I used to shave it all but now that I have 2 babies I'm lucky if I can shave my legs! LOL However now I agree as a mom I just keep the area trimmed and shave the bikini area....unless it's a special occasion! LOL ;-)
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 11:32 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I do the "landing strip" as well. My esthetician calls it "the play boy" lol. I don't like the feeling of being completely bald down there for much of the same reason as you. It feels awkward to me.

With that being said, my DH is a "manscaper" I think he actually takes more time to groom down there than I do...however in my defense i'm almost 7 months pregnant and can't even SEE down there, lol.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 11:33 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I trim. I'm lazy and it is a lot easier than shaving
    AmazingAmanda

Answer by AmazingAmanda at 11:33 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I would prefer to go have things waxed, but the only place that did them closed, so I have to shave now. When I'm shaving I leave a patch, but I prefer to take it all off when I'm waxing. I like it clean and smooth...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:35 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I trim and shave around the bikini area. I personally hate shaving down there because it grows back fast and itchy and I get bumps. It's so NOT worth it to go through that for a day of smoothness.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:43 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Keep my trimmed as well.... well I guess you could say more than trimmed but less than bald? LOL, I have a csec scar and I'm terrified to run a razor blade over it (why... Idk... lol I just am) but definately keep everything from the outer bikini line to the boootay shaved/waxed!
    DacieArie

Answer by DacieArie at 11:45 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I get a brazilian done at the salon every 5-6 weeks. I just like that it looks, and feels, "clean"

Answer by missanc at 12:09 PM on Jul. 1, 2010