i have been up all night with my 11 1/2 month old daughter who is teething and i gave her meds and numbing gel teething tablets and she was still running a fever of 102 all night is there anything else i can do to comfort her or to ease the pain some how?

richellenicole

Asked by richellenicole at 11:32 AM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Alternate between tylonel and IB profin. Also wet a wash rag and freeze it. Then let her chew on it. My daughter loved that.
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 11:35 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Are you sure it's just teething? I've had 3 babies, and not a single one of them have ran a fever of 102 while teething. Could she have some sort of infection that's causing the fever? I would talk to her pedi just to be sure something isn't being overlooked. GL mama, and I hope your sweet girl feels better soon!
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 11:35 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• CALL YOUR PEDI!!!!!
    mypreciousbabe

Answer by mypreciousbabe at 11:36 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Call a doctor ...
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 11:37 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• A cool cloth on the head. Lots of fluids (breastmilk or formula). Lots of hugs and kisses like I'm sure you are giving. Fever is a normal body response and it plays an important role, fighting any infection that may be caused by breaking teeth (or infections of other sorts). A tub of luke-warm water might give her some comfort and playtime. Vitamin c and garlic support the immune system. If you breastfeed, you can consume large quantities and they will pass to her. If not, just cook with garlic and find a child's vitamin c supplement. I have some homeopathic fever supporters and also some fever reducers if you want those. You are doing fine, fever is normal. It just sucks, for mommy and baby.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 11:40 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• thank you all for your advise. it has been very helpful . Lexies fever has gone down she is at 99.9 right now thank god.
    richellenicole

Comment by richellenicole (original poster) at 11:50 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I would stop the orajel. It can maketeething worse. It can burn and numbs everything but the pain. Put some in your own mouth. Any try not to medicate. Fevers, as long as not too high, serve a function. Pluse you can easily over medicate and make those drugs less effective. The best ting for teething is cuddles, patience, nursing, upright position, and refrigerator cold teethers.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 1:24 PM on Jul. 1, 2010