1st Birthday Party Guests: WWYD?

My child's party is in a few weeks. The invites were sent out a month ago with the RSVP this coming Monday. We invited mostly family and a very few close friends. The problem is that some relatives haven't RSVP-ed yet, but our friends have and are attending. I want to invite more close friends who have kids my child's age, so I figured that would be more fun than inviting older people, but hubby wanted to invited all his family even though my family consists of my folks, a couple of cousins, and that's it...the rest of my family is out of state. I'm really getting stressed about wanting to invite our friends when some of his aunts/uncles, and his grandmother (who never attends anything, even my child's baptism) haven't responded.
I want to have people there who want to be there not just the ones who feel obligated to be there.

mypreciousbabe

Asked by mypreciousbabe at 11:35 AM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is there a major space constraint? If not, then I say just go ahead and invite them all and tell them lots of people will be there.

You could also call your hubby's family and ask them if they were planning on coming. I don't think it's rude if you word it nicely. : )

Happy birthday to your little one! The first year just flies, doesn't it?!
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 11:39 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Sorry. It's at a pavilion w/ a max. of 50 ppl, which is why it's an issue...lol...

I sent out a Facebook invite also and still haven't heard back. =(

Thank you! =) Yes, time flies!
    mypreciousbabe

Comment by mypreciousbabe (original poster) at 11:44 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• U would call and ask whos coming. You may be able to invite a few others to fill the empty slots :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:21 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I would call anyone that doesn't RSVP by the date.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 1:15 PM on Jul. 1, 2010