? bout contractions

so i have had contractions from 1:30 - 4:30 last night then they stopped till about 8 this morning its hard for me to time them because i have like this burning feeling ( that the only way i can think to dec. it ) in my belly has anyone had this ? i just hate going to the hospital till i know its time this is my 3rd so i know what the contractions feel like but i have never had this feeling

klinemom2

Asked by klinemom2 at 11:35 AM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes, I know exactly what you're talking about. I did that with my first baby. My Braxton Hicks were so strong and I had muscular burning in between and I was too confused to time them. Turns out, I didn't even know I was in labor with her because I wrote my labor off to more BH. I wouldn't have known to go to the hospital if my water hadn't broke. And those BH just got more frequent each day until I finally went into labor. It can make it very confusing.

My dr told me to stop trying to time my contractions and instead count them. She said when I have 10 contractions in 1 hour to go to the hospital. She also said BH rarely last longer than an hour.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 11:41 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• thank you alot you have really helped i thought i was looseing my mind lol thanks again
    klinemom2

Comment by klinemom2 (original poster) at 11:45 AM on Jul. 1, 2010