Anyone have suggestions?

I am getting ready to potty train my little boy. I've made our own potty training chart, and each time he does something on it he'll get a sticker (washes hands, goes pee pee in the stool ... etc.) once he gets 10 stickers he gets a reward. I would like to give him small rewards, something affordable and not a food reward. Does anyone have any suggestions? (Thanks for your experiences and help! I'm a first time mom and could use any suggestions you're willing to give!)

KSR

MariposaKsr

Asked by MariposaKsr at 11:51 AM on Jul. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• I do those little cars. My son loves them. I also thought about bubbles, bouncy balls and books.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:54 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I used to buy those little toys in the dollar bins. he loved them. so it worked well. :)
    Jessand2boys

Answer by Jessand2boys at 11:56 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• We would either get toys at the dollar store or the dollar bins at like Target. Also, anytime that my DD would get a kids meal and not eat all of her meat, the toy would go in the prize drawer. So, she's also gotten those as rewards for other things.

KaroGreenly

Answer by KaroGreenly at 12:05 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Matchbox cars are less than $1.

At our walmart there is an $0.88 section in toys that has silly string, big bouncy balls that light up and/or make noise when bounced, plastic zoo animals and dinosaurs, spinning tops, etc.

I would just take a $20 bill go to walmart or a dollar store and fill a small bucket with cheap goodies. That way not only does he get a reward but he gets to choose himself what his reward is for every ten stickers. Good luck!
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 12:08 PM on Jul. 1, 2010