OB doctor where can i find a good one thats not going to cost me a arm and a leg

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Have you looked in your local yellow pages? What about looking for Midwifes? I heard they are cheaper. If you are pregnant can you get medicaid?
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 12:01 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Can you not get a med card?
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:02 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• If you aren't pregnant yet, look into getting insurance before you get pregnant. Insurance will significantly cut the cost.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 12:05 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• my midwife was 2,500, and that included the home birth, all the prenatal visits and 3 post natal visits as well. they accepted credit cards, and they let us pay in installments too!
    if a home birth is something you would consider, it is cheaper.
    good luck getting a hospital to tell you what they would charge for a birth with no complications!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 12:06 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• All OBs are going to charge about the same and cost you an arm and a leg. If you don't have insurance then a home birth with a midwife is the way to go. For a hospital birth the ave cost for uncomplicated birth is $9-14K and a C-section is $14-25K. A home birth ave cost is $3,500. I live in AZ and there are licensed midwives that charge less than that for people without insurance. If you are going to have a hospital birth it would be wise to hire a doula for around $400 because they greatly decrease the chance you will have to have a C-section.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:08 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I would go with a midwife. Mine cost me $3400 ( live in Chicago) and that was for everything, including after birth visits.
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 12:31 PM on Jul. 1, 2010