Can you........

......completely cut out flour in ones diet??? Or really just switch from white to wheat??

I feel SO MUCH better when I don't eat it but feel like it would be next to impossible to cut it out completely!!

pjacademy

Asked by pjacademy at 12:04 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Many people eat a gluten free diet. It's possible, but difficult. There a lots of gluten free cookbooks (or online recipes). Good luck.

There are some good recipes here; http://allrecipes.com//Recipes/healthy-cooking/gluten-free/Main.aspx

KaroGreenly

Answer by KaroGreenly at 12:10 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• You can switch it to wheat flour easily. However, it would be extremely hard to cut it out completely.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:06 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I don't think I could.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 12:06 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• switch - yes
    cut out completely - nope, I couldn't do it, but I suppose you could if you don't mind giving up 99% of all breads, cakes, and pastas.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:08 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• it is very hard to cut out all flour! we tried this with my daughter.
    people with gluten issues do it, and it is easier now than it used to be. rice flour is a common substitute.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 12:08 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Yes you can. You can also use millet, spelt, oat or other flours. They will definitely change the texture and taste that you're used to in most foods.

michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 12:09 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I have done it....lasted about 3 weeks, but I lost 13 lbs...it was REALLY DIFFICULT, but I felt GREAT while I was off of the white stuff! It's funny that when you feel "fat", it's because of the sugar and flour bloating your body up.... (At least that was my experience) I felt sooo much thinner, even when I wasn't.
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 12:09 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Do you ever feel bloated when you eat it??? That is my "issue" with it. I feel so much better when I eat flourless????

I don't know maybe it is all in my head LOL!!!
    pjacademy

Comment by pjacademy (original poster) at 12:10 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• There's all kinds of alternatives. People w/ Celiacs disease have to. There's things like rice flour, nut flour, bread made from other things, but they tend to be pretty pricey. I bough a loaf once and it was almost $4. There's pastas too made from quinoa, rice and other things. Go to Whole Foods or a place like that for a larger selection of non wheat products. i don't know where you live, but Publix has a pretty big selection of these things as well.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 12:12 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• TLALONDE16 ......yes exactly!!! I feel like my stomach is flatter.....now not crazy i still have weight to loose ;) but I just feel better!!!!
    pjacademy

Comment by pjacademy (original poster) at 12:15 PM on Jul. 1, 2010