How lng do you let your coffe sit and warm in the coffee pot before you fially turn it off and dump it?

I am always so quick to turn that pot off and I regret it because when I want another cup, its already cold and I've got to make another pot,lol. I don't like to reheat it in the microwave. So I was thinking...at my old workplace..man they''d leave that coffee in there all day and 6 hours later, I would drink a cup and it was alright. But I can't do that at home for some reason,I have to turn it off or it drives me nuts! lol

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 12:18 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No longer than 15 minutes. I don't like the flavor when it's been sitting. What I have now is one of those keurig K-cups coffeemakers. I've had it for a little over a year and still love it. I get pretty good deals on the k-cups online. The coffee is freshly made every cup and it doesn't take very long to brew.

Answer by Bmat at 12:20 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• My coffee pot automatically turns off when it has been done brewing for 90 minutes. So I never turn it off. I turn it back on to reheat it if I need another cup. Otherwise it would just be on all the time because I never know when I'm going to want another cup. I drink coffee all day long.
    My3LittleGirls

Answer by My3LittleGirls at 12:19 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I do the same some times 15 to a half an hour I would think is okay
    christine121

Answer by christine121 at 12:21 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I have a coffee pot that is made like a thermos. My coffee maker doesn't keep heating the pot once the coffee is made, but the coffee will be hot for hours. I usually pour it out when I do the evening dishes, and sometimes it's still warm enough to drink even then. When I had a regular glass-pot coffee maker I'd always turn it off within an hour of making the coffee.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 12:31 PM on Jul. 1, 2010