does your toddler like the pool?

my 15 month old will only not scream in the pool if someone is holding him and even then it's stressful. won't got in his float or anything. he had no problem in it as an infant and loves to chase waves in the ocean and is a mega tubby time boy so i know it's not the water...

would love to be able to go into the pool without a 28 pound kid climbing his way up my neck lol

any suggestions on how to get him used to it?
are your toddlers the same way?
it's been a daily battle for a couple of weeks now. it's hot i want to go swimming :)

ibebreezy

Asked by ibebreezy at 12:27 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son is 2 and hes like that. He likes to just sit on the edge and splash around in the water with his feet, lol. I do take him in every now and then to try and get him used to it but he usually just cries.. I would just give him a little more time to get used to the water, maybe get him a little pool on the side of your bigger one so he can just play in that. Or maybe just get someone to keep an eye on him so you can still get in lol.. Either way, GL to you!
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 12:31 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• All three of mine were like that when they were that age. now they LOVE the water and hate when we can't go. Try just easing him into the water. Try taking him to the lake and letting him sit and dig or play in the sand/mud/rocks in the shallow area and see if he likes that. That is what "eased" my girls into wanting to swim and play. Now I can't get them out of the water!
    My3LittleGirls

Answer by My3LittleGirls at 12:28 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Three out of four of my kids love the pool and the ocean. The one that doesn't loves to take a bath and loved the outdoor showers at the beach. We just leave him be.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 12:30 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I have one that loves the water and one that hates it. I'm currently having a hard time getting the one that hates it to even sit down in the bathtub, so the pool is a nightmare.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 12:34 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• My son loooves water. Has since birth :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:36 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• My son is 21 months and he likes the water but at the same time just doesn't want mommy to let him go which i dont mind. He does get in his float for a little while but then he wants out. I try to take him to the pool as much as i can and he isn't as bad as he was the first time that i took him.
    giovannismom19

Answer by giovannismom19 at 12:40 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• he'll play at the oceans edge all day but with the tourists here now i'm not willing to sit in traffic for 2 hours for the 2 minute ride to the beach.

that's what i don't get is that he loves playing in water and wants to go in the pool....

thanks ladies
    ibebreezy

Comment by ibebreezy (original poster) at 12:48 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• my DS was terrified of water untill recently (he is four now). Everytime I would try and take him swimming he was scream and cry and hold on to me for dear life even though he had a life jacket. I just kept taking him and slowing showing him that he would be ok. Now he loves the water and he dosent even want me to hold him at all.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 1:12 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• my son is 2 1/2 and HATES the pool...we recently went on vacation and he scream and cried everytime i put him in a pool..I know its not the temp of the water because the baby pool was heated..so now I know he just hates the pool :( makes me sad becuz its summer and i want him to have fun in the pool but he doesnt like it :(
    Jazmyn1227

Answer by Jazmyn1227 at 3:36 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• My little guy LOVES the pool. Not only the pool, but water in general. He will stand on his little stool and just play in the sink while the water is running, or he will be totally entertained just playing with a bowl of water and a spoon or something to stir it with.
    HuskerMommy08

Answer by HuskerMommy08 at 4:00 PM on Jul. 1, 2010