I need to lose weight ASAP. Im 5'5 and i am 250 pounds!!! omg im soooooooo disapointed in myself. Dr says when i get 300 i will be obese. I dont wanna get that fair. So please help me!!! Any diets that you have tried that works?? Any salad???? PLEASE HELP LADIES!!! And ty in advance

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I have lost 53 pounds since January 1st and all I have done is try to get a little extra exercise. Okay actually a lot but that doesn't work out as well as I wish it would. I just park at the edge of theh parking lot at stores so I have to walk extra. When I'm at WalMart, I will walk pretty fast around the whole store several times while shopping. When I'm swimming with the kids I will make sure I get a good workout on that too. HOWEVER, the biggest thing is be aware of your caloric intake. Go to http://www.dailycaloriecounter.com (I think that is the site) and you can find out how many calories you can consume a day to remain at the weight you are now. Then aim to consume less than that. Basically change out some things that you are eating. rather than regular ranch dressing, get light, rather than regular mayo, getl ight, rather than whole milk, get 2% or whatever. Then make a food diary. Put in everything you eat!
    My3LittleGirls

Answer by My3LittleGirls at 12:32 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Delete sodas, red meat and fried food. Eat smaller portions and don;t snack after a certain time of day. Drink lots and lots of water. Walk everyday that you can and I don't mean the normal walking you do in a store or any place like that. Walk a mile or 2 walk. Good luck and if we lived in the same city we could be walking buddies. By the way every thing I have just suggested has helped me a lt. I have lost 17 lbs in about 2 month time frame.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 12:32 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Walk 5 times a week.Start off with just a 10 minute walk and eventually move upto a 30 min walk.That really helps!
    momofsixangels

Answer by momofsixangels at 12:30 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• idk how to help u im 5'5 and 190lbs so im in the same boat as u lol! Im obese, iick hate that word
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 12:30 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I used weight watchers over 20 yrs ago, and have kept the weight off. I think that I needed a diet where I could eat anything I wanted, and weight watchers allowed that. I just had to count it.
    DebbieA

Answer by DebbieA at 12:32 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I am 5'4" and weigh 180 and I am already considered obese. Diet isn't as important as exercise.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 12:32 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• In addition to walking, try eating like this:
    Breakfast: plain yogurt with a cut-up piece of fruit, tablespoon of flax seed, and a dash of cinnamon
    Lunch: A salad with chicken breast ( I use dressing I like, but limit it to about a tablespoon.
    Dinner: Meat and lots of veggies. Brown rice.
    Keep it simple, drink lots of water (I don't count cups, just drink it throughout the day),
    Use a medium size plate. I don't worry about calories, etc.....I just have a rule of thumb: if God made it, okay....man made (processed foods) no. Buy fresh as possible because it tastes better....drizzle olive oil on veggies for flavor......stay away from sugar and white flour....that's it.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:34 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• If you're 250 at 5'5" then you're already considered obese by BMI, for your height, your BMI would come out as obese for 180lbs or more. For your height BMI charts say that 241lbs or higher is morbidly obese.

Look into the abs diet or the eat clean diet. They are both just healthy ways of eating and not really "diets" they way most people think of "diets".

Walk a lot, just find fun active activities, swiming, biking, skating, hiking, climbing, rowing, etc. Weight lifting is also great for building muscle that wil burn calories for you 24/7!
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 12:42 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Honey, you are already in the morbidly obese category. Your BMI is 42 and 30 is obese. Mobidly obesity is assiated with disease and increased risk of death (morbidity).

The DASH diet is the best diet for health. If you go to google and type in DASH diet you will find lots of info. Exercise won't help with weight loss and may make you more hungry according to latest research. Exercise can make you more fit. I agree with drinking only water. No artificial sweeteners. You might want to consider surgery.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:43 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• you got a lot of good advice here!
    if you can walk, you should. if you can swim, even better, the water will take the weight off of your joints while you work out. water aerobics can be fun too!
    i really liked the advice...if god made it it's ok
    you need to make choices that you can live with. the easy thing about walking is that it is free. just put on your shoes and walk out the door! no excuses!
    i also agree that weight watchers is great!
    good luck!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 12:53 PM on Jul. 1, 2010