do u have/had a hernia?

i just knew yesterday that i have hernia which is the protrusuin of an organ through thel wall that normally contains it.i m sad and affraid, 6months ago i had a c section and now i will have to do another surgery to trait the hernia and of course it s done but pushing back the organ and stitching the muscles.

Imane1215

Asked by Imane1215 at 12:29 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Health

• Never had one .
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 12:30 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Me and my daughter were both born with an umbilical hernia. We both still have them but luckily the intestines always slide back where they are supposed to. They only protrude if we laugh or cry. Good luck to you!
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 12:31 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• my ex husband has had 2, its really simple in and out surgery. U will be back to normal in about 2 weeks
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 12:34 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• My son had it. He had the full surgery and a mesh put in. It was out patient. My DIL also had the surgery but she had the bandaid kind. They both came through it well and healed up in the time predicted- in a couple weeks they were back to their normal schedules, or close.

Answer by Bmat at 12:56 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• My mother just had hernia surgery, she left her hernia go for almost 6 months before getting surgery to fix it. Her doctor told her that she needed the surgery right away because if left untreated it could cause a lot more problems. She had to stay in the hospital for 4 days after her surgery (only because she couldn't stop throwing up) but normally hernia surgery is either out patient or you can go home the next day. It's about a 2 week recovery. Do not let it go, your intestines could become trapped in your abdominal muscles and become "strangled". If this happens then you would need to have surgery to remove part of your bowels.
    Good luck
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 1:08 PM on Jul. 1, 2010