How much do you pay a month for lawn service??? I would so do it myself, but I don't have a mower, and can't afford one right now....

Sometimes I feel like these people are ripping me off, but then other times, I think they are being fair.... How much would you pay for a half acre to be mowed (total cost in a month).

AdoptingMyChild

Asked by AdoptingMyChild at 12:31 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Try posting an ad your neighborhood grocery store or rec center for a teenager looking for some summer work, they would charge considerably less than a professional landscaper to come out and do it.
    We do our own lawn, its 4 acres and the cost of fuel for our tractor mower is about $20 per week. So try to figure what the cost of gas would be for the mower and then you can make a reasonable offer to the person you want to hire...make sure to include the cost of fuel into your offer.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:47 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I charge a lady 50 every time I mow hear acre. Why not post a add in your paper looking for a school age kid to mow. It will help you and them out. Just be sure to put they need a mower.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 12:36 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• We paid for it for a long time until we realized it would be much cheaper in the long run to just buy one
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 12:36 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I think it's around $75. But let me tell you, it's the greatest thing. They always come, they do the edging too. The lawn always looks good. It never gets long and I don't have to think about it. It was such a huge chore when we did it ourselves. We both work full time, so that would be our whole Saturday, and it never looked great. Now with 3 kids we are constantly running from game to game to practice on weekends. Our kids play sports so we don't have time. Do it, no matter what they charge, it's worth it!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:40 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• My Husbands friends who own a lawn service does ours. We have a fenced in 1/2 acre with a drainage ditch and requires A LOT of weed eating. They said for our yard they would normally charge $60 but for us it was $35. Also with ours they had to have a special mower that would fit through our back gate. Our yard is by no means easy to mow because of a huge swing set, a storage building, a large play house, a fence, huge tree's and a drainage ditch so ours of course cost more to have cut and trimmed. It is worth every penny. It takes them all of 20 minutes to cut and trim our yard and it always looks so nice after they do it. We usually have ours done once a week.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 12:49 PM on Jul. 1, 2010