37 weeks went to doctors yesterday now having pain

i went to the doctors yesterday and unfortunately i couldn't see my regular doctor. i had to see another doctor we did the culture test and see hows my cervix is..... now she said i am 1 centimeter open and the baby is really low to keep resting and to take it easy. we did the appointment for my c-section for the only date available which is the 21st of July. after i left her office i have had contractions sine yesterday afternoon and some today i am monitoring them but they are about 15 minutes apart. the baby is still moving continuously but now i feel more pressure in my vagina area and having pain and i am still working. any advice???

vittoriamarino2

Asked by vittoriamarino2 at 12:33 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like baby is on the way :) As long as your water is intact, I would say to relax, rest, but also to take short walks to help move along your labor :)

Keep on tracking those contractions, and prepare for baby in the next few days :)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 12:34 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Sounds like things are moving along!!! Take it easy! Make sure all the little things are in place! Baby may be here soon!! Congrats!
    clovismommy25

Answer by clovismommy25 at 12:40 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I am asuuming that there's a reason that you don't want a vaginal birth so I would say rest as much as possible to make it to your c-sect date. Any doc sppts in my last 2 months always triggered contractions. As long as they aren't progressing, I wouldn't worry too much about them unless your water breaks.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:46 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• thank you guys. only reason i am having a c-section is because i am having my tubes tide. and also my son was vaginal delivery he is 10 now and my daughter was c-section because she was breached that was 5 years ago. the doctor suggested it was safer for me to do a c-section since i had already previously had a c-section before. my job is sitting in front a computer all day so i am not stressing my self too much but when i get up it is the worst feeling.
    vittoriamarino2

Comment by vittoriamarino2 (original poster) at 12:54 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• maybe you should do a little googling on vaginal births after c-sections?
    i do think yo should call your dr. and let them know what is going on though.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 12:58 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Oh sorry, didnt notice you were having a c-section :)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 1:18 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• cervical exams are known to cause contractions, but if you're still contracting 24 hours later I would say your body is getting ready to have that baby very soon. congrats!
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:52 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• thank you everyone i am still having contractions but not as close together as before but still hurt sleepless night.
    vittoriamarino2

Comment by vittoriamarino2 (original poster) at 9:57 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• three days later having bad back pains some contractions cant sleep and nauseas has anyone experienced this before.
    vittoriamarino2

Comment by vittoriamarino2 (original poster) at 10:17 PM on Jul. 3, 2010