This is kind of a spin off from something I asked the other day...

I asked about little boy dressing like girls vs. little girls dressing like little boys. A lot of people said they wouldn't care either way and there child's happiness was the most important thing. So I was wondering, and I am not trying to start anything, just to understand this: What if your son said he wanted to be one of his sisters and wanted to dress like a girl and grow his hair out...the whole nine yards at about 6. Society aside. You would allow this kind of decision at that age? I can't say I would. I would be more likely to allow him to play girl games and maybe even grow his hair out but I can honestly say at THAT age I would have a line. Am I just the only one?

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 12:47 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• No, I would not want my son to dress or act or make himself look like a girl. He can only wear what I buy him so I wouldn't be buying him any girl stuff. If he tries to wear his sisters stuff..I'd just laugh becaus ehe's 9 years older than her soooo..that would really be silly,lol. I would ask him WHY he wants to look that way and talk to him about his feelings and such. I'd make compromises with him but no way would I allow him to go all out completley making himself look like a girl.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:51 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Nope, not at all. Boys are boys and girls are girls. That is the way God made you and you should be happy about that. BTW, I am very against homosexuality
    My3LittleGirls

Answer by My3LittleGirls at 12:48 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I dont think sister is going to let him lay a hand on her closet! Mine never let me...
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:49 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• lol. beyondhopes.

I am not anti-homosexual people, I am against the act of homosexuality but I would never hold it against someone let alone my child. I just think that is WAY to young to be experimenting with something like that.
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 12:50 PM on Jul. 1, 2010