How wonderful is this! Christian Group Shows up at Gay Pride Rally to Apologize!

While the most vocal “Christian” presence at the parade was in the form of protesters with “God Hates Fags” signs, Nathan and a team from the Marin Foundation took a different approach… they chose to apologize.

Really a beautiful story! What do you think?
Link Below!

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 1:00 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• SabrinaMBowen

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 1:01 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• "While the ultimate message Jesus came to preach was one of love, grace and compassion, we’ve sadly misrepresented Him and alienated sons and daughters from their Father’s embrace… and I’m so excited to see how Nathan and his team took a different, humble approach and in the end, did something far more powerful than preaching or shouting… they showed love"

THIS!!!

This is just awesome! True Christians is what they are. They are the real deal.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:08 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Wow. That was an amazing story. I was literally moved to tears, and had goosebumps. My husband and I were talking about this earlier in the week. I've had issues with embracing our religion (we're protestants) and the notion that I am supposed to be against homosexuality, when I really have no issues with it at all! It's empowering to see other Christians reaching out to the gay community, and showing ultimate love and respect...and most of all...tolerance! Tolerance is one thing I preach to my children every single day. To love and accept everyone as they are. Thank you for sharing this story.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 1:09 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I'm glad to see that at least a few Christians are following what they've been claiming to preach for so long, I'm actually quite impressed by this story, thank you for sharing that.
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 1:10 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• That is pretty cool.
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 1:10 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I'm impressed.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 1:14 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• wow...just wow. its nice to see Christians being loving and humble for once (in the media). i find it interesting that no where in there did the Christians say that homosexuality was wrong or okay, but rather focused on the fact that Christianity has done wrong by homosexuals by making them enemy #1 of morality. thanks for posting this!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:14 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• That's a first! That's awsome!
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 1:17 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Wow...that was a really good article! I firmly believe that God teaches acceptance. Its not our job as humans to decide on who's going to hell and who is going to heaven. There's a verse in the Bible that basically says not to judge others or God will pass the same judgment upon you. Bottom line is, whether you believe its a sin or not, its not our job to pass the judgment of what will happen. I personally cannot fathom something that isn't a choice being a sin, but we all have our own beliefs and I respect that. What I don't respect is the discrimination, hatred and refusal to understand that someone being gay does not define them entirely. Its a part of who they are. The rest is being a son, daughter, friend, brother, sister, even mother and father, and much much more. Its so hypocritical to hate gay people so much, when you are coveting, stealing, cheating, lying which are all sins too.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 1:18 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• YES THIS is what I have been trying to say.

I am a Christian and while I do not believe in being gay I do not hate them or anything of that nature.

I love them, just as I would love anyone. THIS is how my church is....please know non Christians that the media is pretty harsh on our views and distorts them a good bit of the time. Usually shows other Christians at their worst. Being complely human and full of faults while the world expects perfectness from us.

We are not! We are sinners and full of wrong doings, just like every human on the planet!!!!!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 1:22 PM on Jul. 1, 2010