how old is too old to be still living at home with ur parents?

hi im 25 and have a two year old son. i was wondering if we should move out of my parents house? also how do i go about doing that on a low income budget?

jmama090708

Asked by jmama090708 at 1:12 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I think if you're ina period of transition any age is ok. If you can't afford it then you can't afford it.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 1:13 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• if the living arrangment is working out, then I'd stay where you are and save up some money
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:13 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• There is no age. If it works for both of you, then no need to move. I've seen some very happy households where the mom lives with her children or the adult child lives with his or her mom. The adult children help with the yard and house care and expenses, or the mom helps with the children and housework.

Answer by Bmat at 1:14 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Yep, if everybody gets along, what the hurry? My sis moved back in with my mom after her divorce and she is 52 now. My sis has become the parent to our mom.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 1:14 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• As long as you are comfortable with it and your parents are ok with it then no age is too old.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 1:14 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• For a normal,able bodied individual I would say 21 is the limit I would personally feel is a good age limit. But when you throw in differnt situations and different circumstances, its really just based on the family.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:14 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Depends on the situation.. I lived with my mom until I was 22 with two little girls.. I just didn't feel I could do it on my own. But Im doing it now & I love it!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:14 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• FREE RENT! Stay as long as you can;) If you really want to move out then just write up a budget and go from there. Good luck!
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 1:14 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• i think it depends on your situation. do you want to move? do your parents? your income, how close to work it is.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:15 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I think it depends upon each individual situation. I have a brother, that is single and almost 40, that lives at home. I think it's nuts, but my parent's enjoy having him there since they are always needing help with something. It works for me because he gets stuck doing things like explaining how to use the computer ...again...instead of me having to do it!
    Sue41

Answer by Sue41 at 1:17 PM on Jul. 1, 2010