I Dont know what to do!?

Okay so first i'm wondering what i should do about this INSANE situation, i guess it could be a current event since it happened last night. My little sister (we have different dads) her father is missing. He left suicide notes and took all his guns out of his house. There was an explosion at his home,(he doesnt live with us) he was not there. I am not telling her because no one knows what happened to him yet, if he killed himself or if he just took off. She is 16 now. I was wondering if i should call her Grandmother, i dont know if she knows about it, or even what to say. My mom is getting off work early to sit down with my sister and discuss it. How can i help her with this. The not knowing and waiting part when she is told? Should my mom wait to see if anything happens in the next 24-48 hours? He was really crazy at the end, and honestly im afraid he might go after my mom. I'm worried, i'd give more details but no more room

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:21 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• i dont know but i wish you luck
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:29 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• If she is mature enough to handle the situation, she should be told. It's her dad, I would want to know.
    MoNKeyBoyz

Answer by MoNKeyBoyz at 1:30 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Right now the best thing is for you to be there for her. Someone needs to tell her before she decided to repel against everyone for hiding it from her, that is her dad and she has a right to know.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 1:31 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I also think she's mature enough to handle this and should know the truth. Mental illness is a serious matter and he sounds like a dangerous person that she should be fully aware of.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 1:44 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Are the authorities involved? If they are, and they should be... she needs to tell her. And soon. She will feel betrayed if she figures it out herself when she sees cops looking for her dad. She is 16 she should know what is going on with her father.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 4:12 PM on Jul. 1, 2010