bestfriends.

My bestfriend and I have been bff's since daipers. I'm 16 now and she's 18. The thing is about 2 years ago, we stoppethe trusting and talking because she lost her virginity and she strted to sleep around and she would always leave me to go get laid. So now that I have a bf who I'm serious with she's mad all the time cus I'm with him, she is always mad at everything and everyone sobi try not to even keep contact with her but she calls and trys to be nice but she always has this attitude idk wat to do ne more I dnt like even talking to her anymore she treats me like shit.

elliebaby

Asked by elliebaby at 1:23 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• Some times w/ friends our lives take different directions. Not every friend you have when you were younger will survive into adulthood. As ppl's situations change (bf, kids, new jobs, etc) friends change too. Appreciate her friendship for what it was & recognize that its time to move on. A true friend wouldn't have left you to go get laid, sure she put you in some dangerous situations bc she was horny. You don't have to be friends w/ ppl that treat you like shit. If you want to try to save the friendship call her out on her behavior. Tell her you don't like talking to her cuz she's always so negative. If your done, stop answering the phone when she calls.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 1:32 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• If you you are such good friends then you should be able to tell her how you feel & fix what has broken in your relationship!

usmom3

Answer by usmom3 at 1:33 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Any problem can be solved with compassion, understanding & kind words. Obviously you guys need to work on those traits. If you were best friends then you should except her for who she is, slut or not. It's really none of your business who she sleeps with & she is probably hurt that you judge her because of it. She might feel like she is losing you & that is where the attitude comes from. If you really care about her, except her for who she is, open up to her, talk about how you feel without saying anything mean or rude. Be open with her & just love her.

Friendship is a wonderful thing, don't throw it down the drain because y'all are growing up & enjoy different things. You will regret it one day if you do.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:34 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Then tell her that. Tell you that you think she treated you like crap, and you don't want to be friends with her anymore. You need to be honest to yourself, and to her. Let her know when she did it, it bothered you, but you didn't say anything. Now she needs to show you the same respect. If there is anything to salvage, then you will find out after you talk to her. Good luck. 

Punky_1981

Answer by Punky_1981 at 1:36 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Also, you stopped trusting her just because she became sexually active? That's retarded. So many of my girlfriends liked to sleep around while i did not. But, what happens in their bedrom is none of my business. People are different & have different sexual drives. No need to judge her because she likes to have sex. All that matters is the frienship & being there for one another.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:37 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• The reason I stopped trusting her was because she was talking about me behind my back. And she wanted me to go hoe around with her even tho I was still a virgin. Also she said that me n her cldnt be friends ne more cus she was better than me ever since she had sex and I didn't. She said we no longer had the same interest and that I would never understand her again. I've never judgd her I stay quiet and think my shit to my self.
    elliebaby

Comment by elliebaby (original poster) at 1:47 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• You really have two choices, 1) you just let her go. It happens with friends sometimes I had a best friend I'd known for 17 years and one day I stopped talking to her couldn't stand her talking about me behind my back, turns out she couldn't deal with the sporadic and radical behavior at the time. Now 4 years later we're working on that broken friendship we need the time to work on ourselves. I have other friends that I had only know 3 or 4 years and have had to cut out of my life for talking about me, or lying to me or whatever - and I'm better off without them.
    2) You can talk to her and attempt to make ammends now. If you are really good friends as you say you are this shouldn't be difficult. Let her know how she makes you feel and what you really want your relationship to be like, worst case she gets angry and doesn't talk to you again...then you know she wasn't a true friend anyway.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 3:16 PM on Jul. 1, 2010