Would you be okay with your SO talking to an ex on FaceBook?

Or going out to get coffee?

**My DH and I were talking, he just rejoined FB, and he got friend requests from 2 or 3 of his ex girlfriends and he ignored them all because he said he didn't see a point to adding them. I told him if he wanted to catch up I don't care. I have a couple of my ex's as FB friends and he doesn't mind, but he thinks it's weird for a woman to not get jealous about ex girlfriends...

I'm FAR from the jealous type, I know he's coming home to me and that's all I really care about. But he thinks their is something wrong with me because I don't mind him talking to exs...

Am I really that odd? Or are their others who don't see it as a big deal... And do your feelings change when it goes from purely online to "hey wanna get coffee" - Which again, I'm fine with...

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 1:41 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• I would be completely fine with either. I've been married to my husband for 7 years, together for 3 years and I trust him with all my heart as I have no reason not to. However, this is easy for me to say because I can't see my husband ever wanting to do this. I don't think he would be comfortable if I wanted to do this, though. He's more of a jealous type, not bad, but it's there.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 1:44 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• most of them i would not care. but there is one i just can not stand. i trust him, not her. luckily he doesnt want anything to do with that crazy woman! lol
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:44 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• My BF does. In fact, he also will copy the message and post it to me so I can see. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:45 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I dont have an issue but I chose a good man.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 1:45 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• It depends on the situation. My husband has old high school girlfriends on his facebook, but I don't care about that. I have old boyfriends on my facebook too. We're all just friends now. Everyone is pretty much happily married. I'm not sure how I would feel about him going out alone with one of them, but he would never do it anyway.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 1:45 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I trust my hubby, its not about being jealous, I know he chose me over all those girls so I'm not worried he wants them back or anything. I don't talk to any of my ex's, hubby would get upset, so I think its only fair. Some of his exs have popped up in the past wanting to know how he is, married, etc & he's always shut em down. For me its about the other women, they're always scheming & trying to figure out a way to "win him back". One of his exs was quite obsessed w/ him, even had to change his # to make her go away, after I told her to stop bothering him. Its more of an annoyance & a chance for unneccessary drama that I just don't want to listen to, I don't care what his exs are doing now & neither does he.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 1:46 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• HA, So I'm not crazy! There are other women who are secure with their man!

I knew it wasn't just me! lol

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 1:46 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I am with you, in fact my SO and I are together now because I tend to kep in touch with my exes. We met in high school, were friends, dated for a while and broke (as young people often do) but remained friends. He always seemed to show up just when I needed a friend the most. We would occasionally go out for coffee and catch up, but that was all. Until a few years back when he found me again just when I really needed a friend. We this time, since we were both single, the freindship did grow into something more and now we have a beautuiful daughter and home together. But we also agree that friends are frineds and to always be honest with each other. The only time I think people worry about an ex is when there is something about the relationship already to worry about.
    I am not the jealous type. I don;t even mind him flirting with other women, because I know that is all it is. It's a very close and open group though
    NHRachel

Answer by NHRachel at 1:49 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• i wouldn't mind befriending but I might have a problem with meeting for coffee.
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 1:53 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• DH and I both agreed that we didn't need to have contact w/ our exes. He cared more than I did really, but his comfort level is way more important than contact w/ an ex.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 1:55 PM on Jul. 1, 2010