I want to save all the

art work that my kids do in school but I know that's impossible.

Do any of you have a organization system that would work for this? I hate throwing away any of their cute pictures.

JayRo00

Asked by JayRo00 at 1:46 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• I take pics of them and put them in an album
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:47 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• You can put them all in a tote box, this is what I do.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 1:48 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• We homeschool and I refuse to save everything because our house would look like something on Hoarders. I take pics and scrapbook each homeschooling year.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 1:50 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I save 2 or 3 from each year however I really like peanutsmommy's idea!
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 1:51 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I moved and I had to throw alot away
    christine121

Answer by christine121 at 1:52 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• YOu can always scan them onto your computer and then put them on a cd.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 1:53 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I keep them all in an 18 gallon plastic tote along with some other things I'm hanging onto for sentimental reasons. It's something my mom has always done with us, we each have a tote with only our stuff in it.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:00 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• When my son was in preschool..he wouldn't let me throw any of his precious one of a kind art work away,lol. So, I made a wall just for his artwork. I would hang it all up in a artsy sort of way, an dI cut out big letters from colored contruction paper that said "Joshuas ArtWork" and his current age. Once the walk was tightly filled up, I would take a close up picture of it and then he was more willing to let me throw the pieces away,some of them that he felt he couldnt' part with, he gave to his grandmas. I put the pictures in his scrapbook..now he can always look back on his art.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:07 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• i have a lot of the art work and school work saved in a tote, like others. i know i will have to go through that and get rid of things. maybe i will have 1 tote per child?
    i love the idea of photographing and scanning!
    smart women!!!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:09 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I have accordion folders that I save things by year, and giant plastic bins that fit under their beds, but I also carefully fold them up and gently place them way down at the bottom our garbage can so my kids won't know where they were"filed". I can't save it all.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 4:38 PM on Jul. 1, 2010