have you ever taken perscription pain meds that did'nt belong to you?

I'm hurting so bad but don't have the money to go to the doctor, my husband has some loratabs and i'm wondering if i should take one or two? I've taken them before. Its just i'm having bad menstrual pain. Would you take it in my case? Would it hurt taking it while bleeding?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:50 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Health

• I know how you feel I get cramps so bad I have 800mg ibuprofin, 500mg naproxen and vicodin to help with them. Yes I have taken other peoples presciptions, but only things I have already tried so I knew what the side effects were and how I would react to them. Since you have already taken them I see no problem in it. If your not sure about what dose you had I would only take half to begin with and then take the other half if it doesn't help. GL and I hope you feel better soon :)
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 11:03 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Yeah. I have. With Lorries, I would say only take a half! They can be really strong if you aren't used to them! If that doesn't work, take the other half. Meds are meds, it doesn't matter who's name is on the bottle, if you're in pain take it... Just make sure someone knows in case you have a reaction (which I would say about just about any med - for you or not - Rx or not - ALWAYS notify someone you are taking it!)

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:53 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I am OP..i just didnt want everyone to jump on me and call me an addict =)
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:58 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Yes I have. Haven't heard of your DH's meds before but if you are hurting that bad, I would.
    youngmom33

Answer by youngmom33 at 1:52 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I would never take someone elses meds.. each body is different and I wouldnt want to risk side affects and stuff like that. Just call your dr ... I take ibprofen for bad menstral pain and I tell you they are so bad I get nausaus !
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:52 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• If you've taken them before, I see no problem with it. Just check the dosage and make sure it's not higher for his than you have taken. I have taken my daughter's prescription allergy meds before because I ran out of my own, but it was the same thing and same dose, same mg per pill. Once I got my own again, I just replaced what I took from her bottle.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:57 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Where's the anonymous button:)
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 1:51 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• NO! You never know what side affects you can have or if it will counteract with something else you have or may take!
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 1:52 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• She said she's already taken them before.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 1:54 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• ..it me..is there a BIG DIFFERENCE in 5's and 7's with loratabs?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:57 PM on Jul. 1, 2010