How to get pee out of a mattress

My ds wet his bed 2 nights in a row. The 1st night was fine because we had a mattress protector, but that was still in the dryer when he went to bed the following night. Now his mattress stinks. How do I get this out??

Mom_2_cuties

Asked by Mom_2_cuties at 2:01 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I sprinkle baking soda on the wet spot, let it soak up the excess urine and then blot it. I then use the vacuum to get the rest up. Using a cloth with white vinegar on it and blotting the spot should help with keeping away stains and eliminating odors. If you still have a problem, you could try the anti-microbial Febreeze, but I wouldn't use a lot because you don't want the mattress to be wet inside.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 3:27 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I have a carpet cleaner with a handheld tool that I use for things like that. It works great!
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 2:05 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I don't know, but I'll let you know that's why I have TWO mattress protectors for each of our beds! OY!

Maybe a carpet shampooer with an attachment and lots of Febreze? Sorry, I'll look at your answers, too.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 2:06 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I've only dealt with the issue once. We used the attachment on our carpet shampooer to clean the area and then used Lysol spray on the entire mattress and then set it outside to dry thoroughly. After that, we put a waterproof cover on our son's mattress, just in case.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 2:18 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• My sis had SO many problems with this....Ill check with her

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 2:10 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Febreze is supposed to be good for fabric surfaces. It gets the stinky out of the air and surfaces. I'm thinking maybe oxyclean may take the stain out of the fabric. You will need to double check the containers on these products to see if it lists urine stains as one of the "tough stains" it will work on getting rid of.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 5:04 PM on Jul. 1, 2010