I am not on facebook. What am I missing?

I'm not on facebook nor do I have a clue how it works. So, my question is "what am I missing and should I sign up?" I am way out of the loop since my DS was born 3 years ago. I used to work full time so I was up with current trends now I feel like I have been on a deserted Island and don't have a clue. Do you facebook? Do you need it? What is your opinion of it? Thanks!

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 2:10 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Entertainment

• Facebook has been nothing but great for me. I know some people have issues with it, but so far I have had nothing but good experiences. I lived in several different places and it has allowed me to get back in touch with people I may have otherwise never seen or heard from again. Several of them I have been able to meet up with and catch up after many years. I have my settings for friends only and am really careful and I really do enjoy it. It is a great way to keep in touch with people and know what is going on in their lives, as well as getting good info and ideas.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 8:12 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I have it and like it to keep in contact with my family that lives far away. It is nice to know what they are up to. Other then that it is really useless.
    Savymom25

Answer by Savymom25 at 2:12 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• In my opinion you aren't missing anything. I only joined per a widowed friend's request. I'm rarely on there and find nothing special about it. I don't get into those silly, time consuming games. I suppose it would be good to keep up with old friends but that's the only use in it that I see.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 2:13 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Absolutely NOTHING! Hmmm a place for ppl I went to highschool w/ to look me up...if I don't still talk to you then I don't want to!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 2:14 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I have one, but don't use it. I don't feel like I'm missing out.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 2:14 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I like it, I've been a SAHM for 2.5 years, and it's kept me in contact with my friends that are in the workforce. I've also been able to reconnect with family members and friends that I had lost contact with. I play Family Feud, but non of the other games.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:20 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I have one.. It's pretty addicting. Well, to me it is.. I like it to keep in touch with family. It's a lot easier than e-mails and what not. You know what everyone is up to with out asking them all the time.. There's pictures, videos, etc.. I never see my family out of my state so this is a nice way to keep in touch. My family is moving back to the Philippines and we hope to use FB to help stay connected.
    DeathBat

Answer by DeathBat at 2:25 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I'm on it just to stay in contact with family and friends and mostly to play games.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 2:28 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• It's not for everyone. My friend couldn't get into it, however I love it. Yes, the games are addicting (for me), but I also like that I can keep in contact w/ friends and family (I'm not a phone person).
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 4:39 PM on Jul. 1, 2010