May be a stupid question, but is there a way to actually make your hair thicker??

I know if you add product it can appear to thicker, but besides rogain, is there anything you can do to make it thicker???

FatGirl239

Asked by FatGirl239 at 2:18 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• well it depends,,, if your hair is fine in diameter,, nope the only hope is product,, if your needing just more hair in general, you could try Nioxin,, I am a professional hairstylist and have seen pretty good results from it,, also you might want to check into Jessica Simpsons add in pieces,, they are easy to use and give the appearance of lots more hair!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 2:21 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Nioxin shampoo and conditioner is supposed to do the trick. It's expensive, though.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 2:20 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• How about I have mine thinned and donate the thinned part to you? Then we could both be happy?
    You can go to any hair stylist person, even the cheap ones, and they can help you a lot with this.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:21 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• a shorter style, typically chin to shoulder length with graduated layers and fridge front to frame your cheek bones and chin. If your stylist knows what they are doing, they will cut the hair properly to allow the hair to preform the way it is suppose to. Such as some hidden pencil layers in the back to add lift.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:04 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Hmm..Im not sure. Maybe you should try layers?
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:19 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• take vitamin C its good for your hair and also extensions you clip to the bottom layers of your hair! their expensive but look really my hairs rly rly thick so i dont use them but some of my friends do
    Rachelxbby

Answer by Rachelxbby at 3:11 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Try taking a vitamin with "BIOTIN" that pretty much takes care of HAIR,NAILS & SKIN you can find it anywhere I have sen it at Walmart, Dollar General just got to look for it GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 3:24 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Well if you mean thin hair as in diameter? No, you can use product to make it appear thicker though like a root boaster along with learning proper styling and care..
    (diameter is tested by your individual strands, examples: public hair is typically coarse, while the tiny blond "peach fuzz" is very fine. so you can sort of gauge your texture/diameter using those examples. )
    However density is the amount of hair per square inch of your head. Sometimes scalp manipulations, proper vitamins, proper shampoos/conditioners, can help, however that's only if it's an underlying medical issue..

your hair is typically genetic, so while some things may help, if you hair has always been thin, I wouldn't count on most of these other options to help overly much.

So really, my best recommendation is to find a style that will show off some volume along with the right products. Now with your face shape here are styles that will help:
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:02 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I want to grow my hair out but when I do it is so thin is gets really straggily looking, so layers would probably make things worse. And I'll look into the nioxin, thanks!
    FatGirl239

Comment by FatGirl239 (original poster) at 2:23 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Do that work on black people hair if so I wouldn't mind trying it?
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 2:29 PM on Jul. 1, 2010