Ever since school has been out my kids have been arguing constantly, they act like they can't tnd each other, any suggestions on what to do to get them to get along?

ilufmakidz2

Asked by ilufmakidz2 at 2:23 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Separate them & not let them have friends over until they get along..or make them stare at each other. Eventually , they will get along.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:25 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• How about every time you catch them fighting they have to do something around the house - like mop the floors, clean the baseboards etc etc etc - they will stop lickety split!
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 2:25 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• throw them in the bathroom together, if they cant get along, they have to share nice words in the bathroom. lol
    elizabugsmommy

Answer by elizabugsmommy at 2:25 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• This was the way my teens were also. They discovered when the older left for college that they liked each other after all. It seems as though it is almost a game. Their feelings do get involved, but they get a charge out of fighting. I told them to handle the bickering on their own and not to bring it to me, and this helped to some extent, although I still had to hear it- I just didn't get involved.

Answer by Bmat at 2:26 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Structure.

Make plans for what will be done with their day. Not a strict schedule, but boredom is a feeding ground for arguments.
    DawnA72

Answer by DawnA72 at 2:26 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Nooo, get them OUT OF THE HOUSE! I have four siblilngs and it was always, always, always like this in the summer when we were home and bored. When we were entertained, it was much easier to get along!

FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 2:27 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• well that is siblings for ya. Make them do something together. IDK don't remember what they are called I would google it. Dang someone help me out here. Think of the " " that its called. I let my boys (8,9,10,&11) go in the back yard and fight. :- I They are flaming mad at each other, talkin crap, calling names, I tell em to duke it out. They fight for about 3-5 minuets then they are friends.

youngmom33

Answer by youngmom33 at 2:27 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• google fighting siblings... it may help answer your question.
    youngmom33

Answer by youngmom33 at 2:31 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• keep them busy - if they're doing something they have less time to fight
    LostTheSlipper

Answer by LostTheSlipper at 3:04 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• extra chores. fill their time and I garuntee that they won't argue as much.
    TempestRayne

Answer by TempestRayne at 4:50 PM on Jul. 1, 2010