Repair man coming today. Will I need to pay now or will I get a bill/invoice?

Our air conditioner repair man is coming today to take a look at our A/C. This will be one of many trips he will have to make because we are having it replaced. I don't know how much he is going to charge for today's visit. I don't have checks and I don't have time to go to the ATM and take out cash. Since he will have to make several trips would it be unreasonable for me to ask if he can send an invoice and I can pay at the end all of what I owe him? How does this normally work? Thanks in Advance!

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 2:41 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Money & Work

• If you are having it replaced,, this visit should be on the house,, if you are not sure that is what is going to happen,, then you will need to pay for it,, FYI--BEFORE you have it replaced please get another estimate,,,I also would search on Craig's list,, we got a BRAND new AC and the guy installed it for about 1/2 of the price of the prior 2 estimates!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 2:45 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• It depends..some companies will send a bill & some companies want payment upon arrival.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:42 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I work for an A/C company and it is our policy to collect but we let the customer know in advance that we require payment. For the customers that we send bills to we don't mention payment
    youngmom33

Answer by youngmom33 at 2:44 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• If he works for a good-sized company, they may bill you. If he has his own business, chances are he'll want payment. Usually they take credit cards.

Answer by Bmat at 2:45 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I would call the company and ask. I am sure if you explain the issue with them they will bill you. I have found many places willing to work with you as long as you talk to them.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 2:45 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• You will need to pay unless yo have made prior arrangements
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:54 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I have asked them to bill me before when I needed to and they were ok with it. The best thing to do would be to call they office and make arrangements before he gets there.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 3:23 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Thank you ladies! Since they were there to just get the info so they could order it, there was no charge.
    JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 5:43 PM on Jul. 1, 2010