Do you suffer from panic attacks?

What was your very first one like? I had a very strange experience last night and am trying to figure it out.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:55 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Health

• I do...I shake, I literally feel charged, cannot breathe, and my chest tightens and hurts.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 2:57 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• heart palpatations, sweatiness, dizziness, feeling of loosing control. Shortness of breath. Some mistake it for a heartattack. I dont get them anymore but I did when I was a teen.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 2:58 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Only maybe twice. When I was driving on an expressway. I felt as though I was getting lightheaded and my heard pounded and I shivered.

Answer by Bmat at 3:01 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Sometimes. Heart feels like it's racing, but pulse stayed pretty much normal, very fast and shallow breathing to the point of fingers and toes squeezing shut, like making a fist and can't undo it. My fingers and toes also got really cold and tingly.
    It seems like everything is whooshy, like it's a train coming at me or something. I feel nauseous, dizzy, sweaty. Then, the arms and legs start tingling and if I can't get it under control, I can't walk, feel like I can't breath, like the breath won't go all the way in, and everything hurts from being so tense and "squeezing" everything if that makes sense.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:04 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I do while driving. It scares the day lights out of me everytime.
    lovingmy2from05

Answer by lovingmy2from05 at 3:06 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• From my neck to my abdomen I could not move (including my arms). I was scared to death. I have never thought that I was going to die in my life but I really truly thought that I was going to die. I was laying there about to go to sleep when it happened. I thought I was having a heart attack. Nobody was home and I couldn't get to the phone to call for help. After about 10 minutes the pressure slowly released and I was okay. When my husband got home I told him about it. I went to the Doctor a few days later for a check up and told him. He said it was a panic attack. I was shocked because I had never had one before and I was calm when it happened. I have had about 6 more and that was about 6 years ago. I now know what is happening to me and am able to stay calm.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 3:06 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• yes i have
    and even went to er thinking i was having heart attack
    found out panic attacks
    doc put me on meds, it felt like a drunk with panic attcks
    so i went off, decided i had panic attacks but they did not have me
    when one was coming, i said to myself, oh this is panic attack, i have lived through this, i will not die, this will be over soon etc etc etc
    i began to have power over that and they decreased, do not have in years
    mind over matter
    NOT easy, but can be done, if person is right frame of mind to be powerful (and attacks are feelings of lack of poawer) power over the attacks, not attacks more powerful than person

blah b;lah blah, there i go again blah blah blah

anyway, hope you get powerful soon
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 3:11 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I have and now I have found a way to manage it. I mainly have attacks over money. Not so much being broke but even having a lot of money. I handle it by carrying around a planner. In that planner I write down all my incoming money and all of the outgoing money. It helps me to keep a grasp on things and I also feel so much better.
    SoLuvlei

Answer by SoLuvlei at 3:19 PM on Jul. 1, 2010