Best way to control oil

What's the best way to control oil throughout the day when it's this hot and humid? I have super sensative skin...I'm looking for either a lotion to apply before makeup or an oil control powder or something like that...thanks a million!

Pip-Squeek

Asked by Pip-Squeek at 2:56 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• The best thing I have found for me is the Arbonne FC5 mattifying powder! It is awesome, it doesn't cake on and is transluclent.
    Message me if you want more info! All my friends are hooked on it!
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 3:02 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• As much as I would love to put something on my face it doesn't work for me unless you have perfect skin. I sweat badly so the only time I put face cream on my face is right after I wash my face then I go with it and put eyeliner and lipstick to give me some color in my face...lol but I usually do take a washcloth or paper towel or even tissue paper and dab on my face DON'T WIPE just dab all over your face and you can actually feel and see the oil & sweat come off. GL You'd have to try so many products before you find the one that works for you.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 3:10 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Don't use anything too harsh.  That oil may be a pain in ass now but when your older, you will appreciate it because it is the BEST anti-ager that you could ever have.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 5:07 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• make sure the products you use are water based and not oil based first off. This will help A LOT. Secondly make sure you apply products correctly. This is why a lot of people have problems..

if it looks cakey it's because you've applied too much. Apply powder with a make up brush but he sure to shake off excess minerals first.

Honestly the best thing to do is to seek a make up artist. They will tell you EXACTLY what your skin condition appears to be and what products to apply to your skin.. while you say it's oily, it probably is, but it may be because of products you use, etc, so consult a make up artist and/or facialist to help with this.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:09 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• use cheat sheets. You pat them on your oily spots throughout the day and it soaks up the oil without smudging your make up. Use a mattifying moisturizer before applying your makeup. Once a week you could use a shine fighter mask. I have the same issue and all of these help me out tons!!
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 10:30 AM on Jul. 2, 2010