I need a new vacuum - any suggestions?

citykitty77

Asked by citykitty77 at 2:57 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I love my Kirby. You can talk them down to 700.
    I have several friends with a Dyson that they love too.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 2:59 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I love my blue Bissell bag less. It was cheap and sucks everything up from dirt, dust, dog fur, everything. It also only cost us $30.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:00 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Bissell has been my favorite vacuums. Right now I have the Pet Eraser Bissell and I LOVE it! It has great suction and a lot of accessories.
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Bissell-Pet-Hair-Eraser-Upright-Vacuum/9223188
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 3:01 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I Suggest a  Riccar,  I like mine and a plus is its American made. I also have a Eureka Boss that I like very much.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 3:02 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I love my Dyson ball. I know it's expensive - but I have 5 kids and hardwood floors. I was never happy with sweeping them with a broom, it seemed like they were never clean enough. The thing is amazing; it works great on the hardwood as well as my rugs. I was shocked the first time I used it, it picked up a LOT of dirt!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 3:04 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I have a RICCAR also I highly recommend it it is a little pricy but it vacuums from the bottom of the carpet oppose to those other vacuums that only vacuum from the top only of the carpet. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 3:04 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I have an Electrolux Canister vac and it has been great and has not damaged my carpets at all like other vacuums have. I've been using it for 17 years now.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:21 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• not a Kirby...I HATE that 1700+ dollar thing. It's SO freaking heavy and you have to order everything for it-if a belt breaks you jsut can't go get one real quick...hubby bought it when I was at work. grr
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 3:29 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• We've used Bissells with our carpet cleaning business, but they wear out quickly for us, lol. BUT QVC has one by LG called the Kompactor and it's an awesome vacuum.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:34 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Hoover Windtunnel WITH BAG all the way!!! I had a horrible Eureka Pet Lovers bagless before my Hoover and it was TERRIBLE! It had like 10 different places it would get clogged and I would spend more time unclogging the thing than I would vacumming. Then, whenever I would go to empty the canister, the dust and dirt would fly everywhere and seriously aggravate my allergies. The Hoover Wintunnel is awesome! It sucks the carpet right off the floor and goes smoothly from carpet to hard floors.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 5:06 PM on Jul. 1, 2010