I am going on Vacaction tomorrow morning for the first time with my 5 year old and 4 month old boys. Its an 11 hour car ride.(I am dreading it) My 4 month old is cholicy, teething, and hates being strapped into his car seat. Any ideas of what might make this car ride a little less stressful?

DBabyMomma

Asked by DBabyMomma at 3:03 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Travel

• ear plugs and frequent stops!
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 3:05 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• As long as you are not driving, how about a tranquilizer for YOU! Hopefully they will sleep a lot and bring lots of snacks and music they like. Maybe buy them each an inexpensive new toy and give it to each of them when they approach the "I can't take it anymore's". Best wishes and remember the journey is half the fun and you will all be talking about it when the kids are grown! Enjoy your vacation!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:18 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Poor you! I don't have any real advice, just good luck. Stop as frequently as you need to.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 3:39 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• If you have a portable DVD player bring their favorite shows.Coloring books or favorite toys.Have a great vacation.
    lauras0512

Answer by lauras0512 at 3:53 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Bring a DVD player if you have one, a book or two that your 5 yr old likes and a couple of toys. Oh and snacks and drinks for your older son. If at all possible try and make the drive at night that way the kids will sleep, less stops for food and the potty. If you have another adult traveling with you it would be easy as you could sort of take shifts. I make a 1000 mile trip every year with DS and always drive at night. If you are going to drive during the day make sure that you take frequent breaks for your older son to get out and stretch. Best of luck to you. I hope you have a great vacation.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 4:08 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Thank you all for your suggestions.
    DBabyMomma

Comment by DBabyMomma (original poster) at 4:29 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I would take a DVD player and put in a baby einstein video for your 4 month old. You would be surprised at how these videos can entertain kids at such a young age.
    dlscwbygrl

Answer by dlscwbygrl at 7:38 AM on Jul. 2, 2010