Decisions Decisions

Not really a question, just want to vent. I am 35 and I have been with my SO for 9 months and I really love him. Trouble is, I want more children and he has never been married and has never wanted kids. He's more open to having them now, but still not sure. I am getting close to the point of having to decide whether to stay in this relationship because it is really a good relationship, or leave to pursue the life I want. Of course, neither of which is guaranteed. Why can't life ever be easy? : )

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:08 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• Youre probably feeling this way because you feel kinda like your running out of biological time to have children? I don't blame you for feeling that way. Tell him just how you feel and give him a time limit as to when he can make up his mind.Maybe 3 months..that way at least you've given him a year in total.You've got a life to live too and the longer he takes, the longer you have to wait. Even if you love him..if he doesnt come to a decision and respect what you've already told him you want in life..you'll come to resent him in the long run. Good Luck! Hope everything works out!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:12 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Follow your heart. I don't think life was meant to be easy. GL
    youngmom33

Answer by youngmom33 at 3:16 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• ((hugs)) Life would be boring if it were easy.
    Linds2Horse

Answer by Linds2Horse at 3:10 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• You have to ask yourself .. Is the grass really greener? That's the situation I'm dealing with now, deciding whether the grass is really greener on the other side. Personally if you really enjoy your relationship then he might come around. You have to talk that out with him, but moving on might mean you may lose out on what's best. Which leads to you not getting what you want in the end.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:12 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I think it is about time you sit down with him and talk. Ask him about his dreams for the future, tell him about yours, just be sweet about it.
    MiddletonFamily

Answer by MiddletonFamily at 3:12 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I hope it gets better for you.. I can tell you that I have two kids from a previous (8 year) relationship & now I have been with my SO for about 9 months. I didn't want anymore kids after my second until I got with my new guy. He doesn't have any kids & he's great with mine, but he wants his own! So we're prego! =)
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 3:14 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Talk it out. Let him know your issues and maybe it will be more clear what needs to be done. Worst case-- he leaves and makes it REALLY easy for you to decide
    HuskerMommy08

Answer by HuskerMommy08 at 4:05 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I think it all boils down to how much you love him and if this is really a deal breaker for you... Maybe you could approach it with the no condom or birth control and let things happen naturally if they do at all... no pressure just if it happens it happens...
    RyleighsMoM3505

Answer by RyleighsMoM3505 at 6:52 AM on Jul. 2, 2010