how bad was your labor?

was your labor terrible or easy, long or short..i wanna know! im nervous to go into labor myself..

ahasugar

Asked by ahasugar at 3:10 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I was in early labor for 2 days, then by the time I decided to go to the hospital I was 6 cm with contractions every 1-2 minutes, It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be..... I decided to get the epidural (which I now regret) since it was 5am and I was tired and my SO was sleeping (ass) I then pushed for 45 mins but by that point they had turned off my epidural for an hr so I felt it all.... I labored for 11 hrs.... I was up and moving around right after he was born, you will be super sore the next day, your whole body... I had to get 5 stiches, and for some reason I couldn't get enough water, I was SOOOO thirsty!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 6:56 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Sucked ass both time. first time took forever, second time was short, but painfull. But once I got epidurals all was good
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 3:11 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I went through 28 hours of labor before I had a c-section. At the time I remember thinking I was in hell but now, 4 years later, I think "eh, it wasn't that bad." Go figure.
    Linds2Horse

Answer by Linds2Horse at 3:12 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• It hurt like hell with my first. I was in labor for 21 and a half hours and it ended with me having a 3rd degree tear.
    SoLuvlei

Answer by SoLuvlei at 3:13 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Mine wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, once I gave in and took the spinal block I was offered my labor went fast and I only pushed 3 times. This was my first pregnancy and I was terrified, now that it is over I look back and laugh.
    MiddletonFamily

Answer by MiddletonFamily at 3:14 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• 1st--17 hours--epidural--didn't feel much.
    2nd--2 hours--she popped out before my epidural--ahh..terrible contractions.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 3:15 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• my water broke at 35 weeks... i seriously thought i was just peeing on myself. i was having what i thought were just braxton hicks, but they weren't. i waited a full day before going in... had my son two days after being admitted-after being induced. i pushed for 3 hours. my labor was traumatizing. i'm not trying to scare you... but i'm just being honest. it was awful. my son was lethargic and wouldn't cry because of all the antibiotics and meds they had me on. i didn't see him until the next morning.

i hope your's goes smooth-either way. regardless, they are SO worth it.
    MrsDex

Answer by MrsDex at 3:15 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• My first experience was terrible mostly because I delivered prematurely in the middle of the night and the medical staff was not ready (U of M hospital). They told me not too push because the respiratory team wasn't there yet and if I delivered the babies they wouldn't have any way to assist them with breathing.  Then the nurse left for 2 1/2 hours, no one came to check on me or help me.

My last preg was great, I delivered at the right time apparently so there were people around, and it was a different hospital. 

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 3:16 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• i have 5 kids. all natural deliveries. they were all easy. nothing like the stories you hear! most of my babes were born at home too!
    good luck mama!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:17 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I was in labor (totally unmediated) for almost 30 hours and I can honestly say it was a piece of cake... until they realized I was stuck at 8cm for 6 hours and made me get a c-section :(

But the labor and contractions weren't that ad at all, I labored in a tub for a few hours and then was walking around most of it and I kept thinking to myself "wow, this isn't that bad, I can totally do this".
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 3:18 PM on Jul. 1, 2010