Do you/would you...

ever own a gun? Why/not?

Nyx7

Asked by Nyx7 at 3:10 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• you have a gun for protection right? but it's locked up to keep the kids from accidentaly shooting themselves or someone else with it right? so then a bad guy comes in and you're like "OMG

Do bad guys in your neighborhood have super powers that let them materialize through your door silently? it takes less than 30 seconds to punch the code in the safe and pull out the gun. Nevermind that most criminals aren't looking for a fight. What amuses me more is the people who think they'll be disarmed if they have a gun. As if all the criminals are special forces trained not to wet themselves if someone points a gun at them. Your natural fight or flight is if the other person has a gun, and you just broke into their house, your best bet is to run.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:35 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• yes, and i do. i enjoy shooting-such a stress reliever.
    MrsDex

Answer by MrsDex at 3:32 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Yes I have a smith and wesson handgun (it was my Mothers service weapon for the Highway Patrol) and I have a very special shot gun that shoots left handed (almost impossible to find for us southpaws!).
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 3:12 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• No. I don't like them and I don't want them around my child. DH has mentioned buying one but I will not step back and alter my opinion on this. If he wants added security for our house, he can arrange to have the security system (that came with our house) activated.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 3:13 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I don't own one and I don't know if I ever will. I just don't feel the need to I guess, I've always owned big ass guard dogs and live in a nice area so I feel pretty safe. Maybe for "sport"? Like just to take to shooting ranges? I don't know. DH and are aren't into hunting so I wouldn't have one for that reason either.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 3:14 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I do, it is for protection.

ladyluck1996

Answer by ladyluck1996 at 3:14 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Never have owned a gun never will. I have trained in mixed martial arts since I was 4 years old, I can't trust weapons that I know can be possibly taken away and used against me.

MiddletonFamily

Answer by MiddletonFamily at 3:16 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I don't personally have any guns registered in my name.. But my husband does. We have them locked up in a safe in our closet.. and the children know that they are not allowed in our room.. And they can not open the safe. We have guns in our house for protection.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 3:18 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Yes. The police don't stop crimes, they find the people who committed them after the fact. The safety of our family and home comes first.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:22 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Nope. And I don't get this...
    you have a gun for protection right? but it's locked up to keep the kids from accidentaly shooting themselves or someone else with it right? so then a bad guy comes in and you're like "OMG...wait jsut a sec while I go ulock my gun and load it" seriously it makes NO SENSE to me AT ALL!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 3:26 PM on Jul. 1, 2010