i get headaches so badly and i cant take excedrin or drink coke while pregnant does anyone have any advise for me

nannabanana3388

Asked by nannabanana3388 at 3:18 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Speak to your doctor
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 3:19 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• WIth my first pregnancy I used to get headaches a lot..really bad ones. The doctor told me to drink more water, that I was dehydrating myself. So I did...and it worked for me. I carried a water bottle with me aat all times. Good Luck,. hope I've helped and youre headaches go away!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:20 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I'm pregnant.. and I take tylenol..it helps most times.. If not, a nap/
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 3:22 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Definitely drink more water. You may be dehydrating like the previous poster said. If you don't like just straight water do a 3/4 full glass of water and top it off with cranberry or cran apple juice. That's all I drank and a lot of it when I was pregnant. It also helped with nausea. Have the Dr. check your blood pressure too. Feel better!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:24 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Water, water, water and eat more bananas. Also, you can get headaches from stress, so try to calm yourself when you can. i know being pregnant is very stressful, but find time for yourself to relieve the stress and that should help!
    HuskerMommy08

Answer by HuskerMommy08 at 3:26 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I had headaches when I was prego my doctor said I could take regular tylenol. Sometimes putting a cool or warm cloth on your head helps. You could also try napping and light exercise if your doc says its ok. I did yoga during my pregnancy (only the approved positions) it made a huge difference I had less back pain and fewer, less painful headaches. A neck/shoulder massage can also help or massaging your temples. Thats about all I can think of. With the tylenol they didn't want me to take it until after I was about 16 wks so you should talk to your doc before you take it.
    Nattiesmom10

Answer by Nattiesmom10 at 3:26 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I agree, drink more water you could just be dehydrated. I suffer from severe headache attacks (I have a medical condition that causes them and they can last anywhere from an hour to 2 weeks). I was told to take tylenol and drink a coke. I HAVE to have the caffeine to help the severity of them. My doc told me that one to three cokes a day was NOT going to hurt me or baby. That was the only caffeine I would get, I don't drink anything else with it in it. If I didn't get the caffeinne, I couldn't do anything but lay in bed and cry.
    LorisChar

Answer by LorisChar at 3:27 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Actually, you CAN take Excedrin. They have a Tylenol formula, and it always knocks my headaches right out (I get horrible headaches that not even prescription narcotics can touch). And you CAN have a coke. You just have to watch your caffeine consumption, unless your doctor has told you for serious health reasons you can't.

The particular Excedrin formula is called Tension Headache. It does NOT contain any Aspirin. Seriously works wonders for me.
    http://www.excedrin.com/excedrin-tension-headache.shtml (sorry it's not clickable, just copy and paste the link).
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 3:28 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Drink a lot of water. You are a little dehydrated. The water will help!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:34 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• do you know the source of your headaches?
    dehydration=drink water
    stress=yoga (or whatever works for you)
    caffeine withdraw= a shot of coffee (not a double sized mug)

have you tried turning off the lights and taking a nap? that helped me with my first pregnancy

good for you for not wanting tylenol or soda!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:42 PM on Jul. 1, 2010