doesnt everyone throw their tampons in the toilet?

my dh is trying to tell my NOT to flush them "it will clog the septic"...i'm like, i have been flushing tampons for over 15 yrs and not once has it ever clogged any toilet! He is trying to tell me to not flush them anymore and to start throwing them away or i will be replacing the septic tank. I'm about to pull out the rest of his teeth!!! He is being a bitch because he just had his wisdom teeth pulled...but really??? Has your husband EVER told you where to put your tampons? I'm about to go crazy!

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 3:19 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• I flushed mine whenever I used them. Now that I am on Mirena I don't need them.
    SoLuvlei

Answer by SoLuvlei at 3:20 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• My boyfriend hasn't ever told me where to put them..but you are definitely NOT supposed to put them in the toilet.. It says right on the box.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 3:20 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• He's never said anything about it. He prefers to ignore the "lady things" as he calls them!
    I don't flush them at home though. For some reason, I am afraid they will clog. I have always lived in places with older plumbing though. I do flush them when I'm out, like at the store or something.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:20 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I was always told to never flush tampons, paper towels, or sanitary pads.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 3:20 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• You aren't really supposed to flush them. Sometimes they really can clog the system. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:20 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• It's all fun and games until you need to get a plumber out there! Your husband is right.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 3:20 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• they will clog your septic system. sorry.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 3:20 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Oh my boyfriend get pissed when I throw my tampons in the toilet, he says the samething
    Brianna-Ravae

Answer by Brianna-Ravae at 3:21 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I guess having a septic system makes it a little more touchy. I can sort of see his point, they could cause problems. When I lived at home we had a septic and my parents never said not to flush them. They definitely get flushed at my house.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 3:21 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• There are still some that are flushable, right? The ones with the cardboard tube things say that the tube and actual tampon are flushable. Or at least they did back about 4 years ago. Whoopsie!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:21 PM on Jul. 1, 2010