When it comes to medicating your children, does it just fall on one of you or do both you and your S/O do it?

We'll both do meds, but we have always had a dry erase board hung up that lists when and what meds were given, and the bottles say when they can be given again.
I'm curious about how other families do this.

Kiwismommy19

Asked by Kiwismommy19 at 3:27 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• We are on different schedules so it just works out that the person with our son gives the meds when needed. We always leave a note or tell the other when we change who is giving it. Plus, sometimes, our ds just wants mommy when he is sick, so I have to do it, which I don't mind. Don't get me wrong, I hate it when he is sick, but it always is kinda nice when he slows down and just wants to sit in my lap and cuddle. There is nothing better than having your child in your arms
    HuskerMommy08

Answer by HuskerMommy08 at 3:30 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• My DH always leaves it up to me unless I am not around. I let him know what our son has had and at what time it was given to him and when he needs to be given again. But 99% of the time its just me.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 3:29 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• If they have to take anything with penacilin in it, I have to give it. If it even touches my hubby's skin he breaks out in a rash immediately. Our baby was just on it and after taking it chewed on my hubby's finger a few minutes later and his hand broke out.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 3:29 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Well, right now I do it since he is over seas lol. When he is home I usually do it then too. When our son was a baby he was on meds for acid reflux and it was not so simple to give it to him. I like the dry erase board idea!
    kennethsmom910

Answer by kennethsmom910 at 3:30 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Same as saysha100687 here!
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 3:31 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• are you kidding?! both of us are chronic list-makers..meds don't get mixed up because we are too anal to let it happen! lol
    we both watch each other's backs...especially when it comes to the ds. that's how we roll!.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 3:33 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• we haven't given any meds to our kids.
    thankfully, this is not an issue!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:35 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• We just make sure to tell each other - we only have 1 child so its not really an issue to mix anything up -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:57 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• My DH will not give the kids meds unless I indicate that I need him to do so. That way they don't get over medicated.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 4:32 PM on Jul. 1, 2010