• In the Spotlight:

Weight loss help.

How long did it take you to lose 40lbs and what diet did you use?

I would like to lose 40lbs, but wanted to know the best diet plan to use. Besides cleaning or playing with my kids I don't exersize much. This should change I know!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:28 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I cut my portions down, stopped eating out a lot (like once or twice a month at most) and eliminated a lot of processed food. I cut out a lot of meat too and started eating more beans and legumes like lentils. I also started working out, but I joined a gym. Workout 6 days a week, 3 of them strength training. Its mostly diet that will aid in your weightloss, but get moving. Walk around the block, increase little by little and add in strength training. If you don't want to join a gym, use your body weight (like push ups etc) Find inexpensive equipment on Craigslist and if you have netflix, free workout videos on instant!
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 4:23 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Weight Watchers has always worked well for me. It helps me stay on track by counting points (although there is another plan to follow also). It provides accountability by weighing in each week. It provides a lot of education each week about healthy foods and appropriate servings. It recommends exercise, of course, but you can work it in the best way for YOU. It provides support through group meetings if you like and rewards for weight loss! All the way around it is a great program. There are online supports too.
    michellelvs4

Answer by michellelvs4 at 3:34 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I used nutritional cleansing. There is more info here:

http://simplecleansing.blogspot.com/

Message me or email me if you want more info. My contact info is on the link.
    mom2threets

Answer by mom2threets at 3:36 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I want to lose fifty and I've lost 10 so far. I just joined WW online and I exercise. Right now my dvd of choice is Jillian Michaels banish Fat Boost Metabolism. I am also starting karate next Thursday. Good luck, you can do it!
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 10:08 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Ok, my husband is also on a quest to lose weight. He went gung-ho and ate salads loaded with veggies and used a low-fat vinagrette for dressing, also adding feta, or egg whites from time to time. He also dropped meat from the menu entirely and it's working for him, he still needs to add regular exercise to his "plan" however.

I understand that if you begin to plateau you are supposed to do a cleanse, however I haven't looked into those too much and can't advise on it. I have noticed that during periods of time when he is exercising, he loses more.
    Chirper79

Answer by Chirper79 at 3:00 PM on Jul. 2, 2010