I can't tell anyone I'm pregnant!?

I keep getting told not to tell people I'm pregnant until I'm 12 weeks along... Do you agree or disagree, why or why not?

smokisses

Asked by smokisses at 3:29 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Tell people if you want! I always told people once I found out that I was expecting
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 3:30 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Well it's up to you. You can tell anyone you want at any stage of your pregnancy. Some people advise you not to in case the pregnancy results in miscarriage. I however think that if, God Forbid, that happens, it would be good to have a strong support system. It's a personal decision. I've never waited to share the good news.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 3:31 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I've always told when I am pregnant. A lot of people don't in case they have a miscarriage... I never understood that, so you don't want people to know that you lost your baby? I've just recently miscarried a baby that DH and I have been trying to have for a long time,and though I'm not one that likes pity, it was nice to have the support from my family in our time of loss.
    GavinsMommii

Answer by GavinsMommii at 3:32 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Disagree. I think people say that just is case there is a miscarriage. But IMO if a miscarriage does happen it would be nice to have the family/friend support you need during a time like that.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 3:34 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I didn't because of the risk of miscarriage
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:30 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I agree only because I miscarried once and it's hard to tell people you're pregnant then have to tell them you've lost it.
    That was with the second pregnancy though.
    With my first, I was calling people as soon as the line showed up on my pee stick!
    I guess wait if your superstitious about such things, or tell if you aren't.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:31 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Its up to you. I told a select group of ppl I was pregnant before 12 weeks. There were those I didn't want to have to explain things to should I miscarry so I waited till later to tell them.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 3:32 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• The risk of miscarriage in the first 3 months is the reason why many suggest not telling anyone until that point....to make sure it's a "sticky baby"
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:32 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• GavinsMommii,
    Yeah, I pretty much didn't want anyone to know I had lost the baby. I did tell close family that I miscarried, but not the extended ones. Plus, in my family, if you tell one person you're pregnant, then the whole family knows by sundown. We share all the good news and only half the bad.
    After I lost the baby, only half of them had heard about it, so at Thanksgiving that year, I was asked how the pregnancy was, why wasn't I showing, why was I smoking, did I have the name picked out. It was very painful.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:36 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I have to add though, that if I ever got pregnant again, I would tell immediately. Mainly because I wouldn't know if it would be, as one poster put it, a "sticky baby" (so cute, by the way!), and I would want it celebrated as much as possible, even if I did loose it. I would just make sure this time around that I told the biggest gossips in the family what happens.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:54 PM on Jul. 1, 2010