Weird Al and a 3 year old

Weird Al is going to be here in concert at the end of July. I have always wanted to see him. Well right now, everything indicates that we won't be able to go anyway because of our finances. However if that wasn't a problem, I'm curious if it would be ok to take our 3 year old. My trusted sitter is moving out of town so we wouldn't have anyone to fall back on unless we took him to spend the night with family--also out of town. Anyway, I'm not worried about appropriateness as IMO he is a very clean entertainer. But are his shows too loud or too long for a small child? My son LOVES music and I bet he'd enjoy Weird Al's songs too.

thatgirl70

Asked by thatgirl70 at 3:51 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I love Weird Al, I saw him several years ago at my local fair. My kids LOVE him as well as I do. I really wish I could see him again. I don't really see a problem with taking a three year old. I would take my son. It is not like a normal concert. He plays the accordion alot.

TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 4:02 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Invest in a pair of earplugs and get seats that aren't too close to the front or the speakers.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 3:54 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I'm still voting no... people pay a lot of money for events, I'd be pissed if I had to sit next to a 3 year old

It sucks, but sometimes we don't get to do things we want to do when we have kids
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:58 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• hmm...no, ditto on peanutsmommy
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 3:58 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• nope, not ok to take a 3 year old to an adult activity.... there will probably be drunken assholes, people stepping on him etc
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:53 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• To peanutsmommy1, this is at a civic auditorium, not a stadium, they do not allow drinking inside. It's more of an upscale kind of place, where they usually hold symphony concerts and such.
    thatgirl70

Comment by thatgirl70 (original poster) at 3:57 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Well yeah that's understandable. I never know when he's going to sit and behave or act up.
    thatgirl70

Comment by thatgirl70 (original poster) at 4:00 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• My three old is very mellow and sits through things, no problem. My 5 year old probably would not. I think it depends on the child's personality.
    TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 4:04 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I never know when he's going to sit and behave or act up.

that is exactly why I would be pissed to sit next to a 3 year old, it isn't just about the people who wanted to go and bring their child, but the fact that out of respect for the other people, I left my child at home
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:07 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Ok completey disregard my son's possible behavior. Let's say that he was a perfectly well-behaved child (and in most cases he is, but I've never taken him to a show before). He could sit through anything and not cry, not whine, not jump on everyone. He just sits and enjoys the show. The whole purpose of this question is to ask two things:

Is it a LOUD show?
    Is it long?
    thatgirl70

Comment by thatgirl70 (original poster) at 4:28 PM on Jul. 1, 2010