when people watching...have you ever

have you ever found yourself jumping to immediate negative asumptions about people?
Years and years ago while in college, using public transportation, I found I did this. So I decided for the rest of the day, I would immediately assume something positive (and riding the bus in a large city, and people watching, being positive first thing is not always easy)
I found it put me in the most pleasant mood the rest of the day, the world seemed better, nothing had changed except my first immpression of people.

wonder if i am the only one that ever tried this??
I know that I am odd or maybe just different, but how odd am I?

fiatpax

Asked by fiatpax at 3:56 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• This is not odd, but hopeful. I will try this tomorrow and hope it makes for a better day than today...
    HuskerMommy08

Answer by HuskerMommy08 at 4:03 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I think that's a great idea! I try to assume the best in people and not make judgments, it makes my world a better place :)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 3:58 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Not odd at all. I do sometimes catch myself having bad first impressions of people before they even open their mouth, but not as often as I used to. I do feel better when I try to have a good one. It makes everything seem better.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:58 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I don't ever jump to negative conclusions/judgments, that's such a bitter lifestyle IMO, If I thought negatively about everything before I gave positivity a chance My world would be so sad.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 4:09 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I wouldn't say you were odd. I wish more ppl were like that. I think the world would be a better place.
    LovinKayla

Answer by LovinKayla at 5:02 PM on Jul. 1, 2010