DH in Afghanistan, looking for art project ideas

I have a 4 yr old and a 1 yr old. I want to do something special and cute with them that we could send him. I am thinking of just letting them go to town with finger paints, but I am wondering if anyone has any other ideas/suggestions for us. Thank you!

nicolemstacy

Asked by nicolemstacy at 3:56 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• You could get a bunch of fun craft supplies .. Pipe Cleaners, Puff Balls, Crazy Eyes, etc. And let them make their own picture. Whether it be of the family, of a monster, or whatever. Then it would be really personal, because it was something the kids thought up on their own.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:02 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• He'd probably LOVE a video message from you and the kids. So you could break out the video camera and video a special message from each family member. :-)
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 4:56 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• you have someone take a picture of you and the kids, have it printed on iron-on paper , iron it onto fabric and make him a pillowcase out of it. I would have just a small picture in the corner and let the kids paint their hand prints on the pillowcase as well, and iron it to heat set it. you could also have a little pocket on the pillowcase or pillow for that matter and tuck a letter from home and some pictures from the kids in there. God bless you and your family !
    sew4fun

Answer by sew4fun at 8:40 PM on Jul. 4, 2010