Have you ever been in a wreck?

I *technically* have. I hydroplaned once and landed in a ditch full of water. I had to call someone to get me out. I've also had my truck t-boned while it was parked on the side of the road. I was inside asleep when that happened.
How about you?

AmazingAmanda

Asked by AmazingAmanda at 4:04 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Once a lady ran a stop sign and pulled out in front of me. If I had not swerved I would have rearended her and this was right as the highway I was on was ending so it would not have been pretty. I was going 55 and just getting ready to start slowing down when she had her lapse of intelligence. I ended up on an incline in front of a business. Thankfully though she did stop and ask me if I was okay then she even turned it over to her insurance. They paid and it ended up paying off my car so it ended well anyway.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 4:07 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• when 15, i had my foot out of car, car going 2 miles an hour, my foot went under wheel, driver had to back up

ripped all my skin off

GROSS and surgery needed, skin graft

i tell soon to be drivers that you do not have to be surfing on a speeding car to get hurt bad

we were goofing but only going 2 miles an hour, then i show them my scar
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 4:07 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I was in the car rear ended while in driver's ed in high school (and it was the other guy's fault, imagine that!). That's the only wreck I've been in.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 4:06 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Not a big one. I had a friend drive me in to a ditch once; he just got his license a few weeks before and he was driving down an unfamiliar country road in the dark. He tried to make a turn but he was going too fast to do it and crashed in to the fence. I was also in an accident with my aunt as an infant apparently. My mother told me that she drove straight in to our house but obviously I have no recollection of that.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 4:08 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I got rear ended by a school bus at a red light. Destroyed the back end of my car. Nobody was hurt though. No kids on the bus at the time. The bus driver got a ticket & the bus company paid nearly $6,000 between fixing my car & paying for a rental for a month.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 4:08 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I was on the interstate on my way home, I was also 7 1/2 months pregnant. The tractor trailer a few cars up in front of me lost a tire tread, it flew back I swerved into the emergency lane to miss it but the tire got pulled up and stuck in my front tire well, which caused me turn a circle and I ended up going backwards down the interstate, into the median where a tree finally stopped us. It a framed my car, pushed the backseat up against the front seats, knocked the cd player out of the dash and with the t-tops out and window down they still had to cut my passenger out. They took us by ambulance to the hospital but we were both released within a few hours. Thank God both of us were wearing our seatbelts.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 4:12 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• A few. When I was about 7 or 8, my mom hit a cow that was standing in the middle of the road. It was a black cow and it was dark so she didn't see it. Our flipped over and landed across a fence that ran along the road. I was lucky I didn't get thrown out, I was laying in the backseat not wearing a seatblet. I even slept through the whole thing. Or I got knocked out! The second time, my mom was making a left hand turn at a light when a huge boat of a car ran the light and tboned us. The third time I was with my friends in a small truck when the driver drifted off the side of the road, overcorrected and slammed into the guardrail, sending us flying back across the road and into a ditch. ANOTHER time, I was with another friend in her car. It was sleeting and she tried to pull off the freeway onto an exit but she was going too fast, the car hydroplaned, we turned in complete cirlce, then slammed into a road sign.
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 4:29 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I've been in a few. The first was when I was 16, freshly licensed and driving on icy mountain roads. I lost control and flipped my car -- my mom was with me in the passenger seat and I think I totally traumatized her! The second was when I was 18 and didn't see a curve in the road (it was dark & rainy) and went straight off an embankment. Then, when I was 22, I hit a huge rock in the middle of the road and blew out both tires on the passenger side (but managed NOT to lose control of the car). When I was 25, I was T-boned in a parking lot - I was barely moving, and he was going WAY too fast for a parking lot - totaled my BUICK! Then a few weeks later, we were rear-ended in a construction zone on the highway - no damage, so we didn't bother reporting it.

I SWEAR, I really am a decent driver, lol!!
    TwinMomma122304

Answer by TwinMomma122304 at 4:31 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• 4 in the last 4 years...none my fault. #1 was a guy turned in front of me and T-boned him. I thought he was dead...scared me to death. my jeep was totalled...it was my baby. I was sooo devastated. #2 was a case of road rage. Guy cut us off and then slammed on his breaks so we massively rearended him. If the van wasn't new they would have totalled it! #3 involved a big metal bus that backed into me in a parking lot and took out the whole side of the van. and #4 was a teen in the library parking lot backed into me as well. I drive a red van ...u would think it would be a big red stop sign lol
    Walker101

Answer by Walker101 at 4:41 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• i was in one when I was 23. My stupid friend was driving. She pulled out onto a country road from where 2 roads combine into 1,and stopped in the middle of the road towards oncoming traffic! She was suppose to stop at the stop sign,not in the middle of the road. A car hit us head on doing at least 50. The whole front of the car pushed up just behind the dash. I had seen it coming so I turned to the right and braced for impact. The hit was like BOOM and I lost consciousness for a few seconds,and came to to find my neck and upper back completely numb. She of course was perfectly fine. The other driver was livid! I ended up with severe whiplash and muscles completely torn from my neck.i have arthritis from it now,and can't completely turn my head to the left even now,15 yrs later.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:41 PM on Jul. 1, 2010